HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ripmeister

02 YZF vs WRF plastics

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me offhand what difference there is between the 02 YZF plastics and the 02 WRF plastics in the 426 (mainly the shrouds)?

Are they interchangeable . . . I don't imagine so, without also changing the seat and tank but it's worth asking.

They are interchangable but will require a little trimming of the bracing.I used a utility knife and only took about 10 min to make them fit correctly.

On my 01WR426 I changed out the seat and tank. I put on a 3.5 gallon YZ style tank. This required me to install a YZ style seat as well which I got from SDG. I also had Works Connection radiator guards on at the time. My shrouds fit fine. I don't think the plastics are different between the 01 and 02 YZ/WR other then the rear fender (WR) which has lights and is a totally different shape.