HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
az426

problem or not?

4 posts in this topic

hey guys,maybe someone could give some previously been there/done that advice.i have an 01'yz426 that ive had since it was new.it has been pretty much bulletproof.about a year and a half ago i replaced the piston/rings.then i only rode it a few times-it ran like it always had=great,easy starting and such.well i bought a one ind. hurricane kit and stripped the bike down and powdercoated the frame black and put it back together.since then i cannot seem to get it to idle correctly.high idle then it sometimes dies.ive cleaned the carb and played with the pilot but same results.i checked the valves today and i have 2 intake valves that are at.004 and one that will take a .003 but not the .004.do you think it could cause my high idle?

i have gone over the cable-seems okay.i havent checked the intake for a leak-i'll try tomorrow.thanks