WR black plastic

I have an '03 WR450 with black YZ450 side panels. They were on the bike when I bought it used. Looks like the guy had to do a little mod on the left side by drilling a new bottom hole. It doesn't fit absolutely perfect, but you wouldn't notice it if you didn't specifically look for it.

YZ is a bolt-on for the right side. Left side takes a bit of work.

One of the guys here has done it, but when I tried it was apparent that it was going to be pretty involved... one hole needs to be covered, a new one needs to be drilled with a spacer under it, and when done, you have to remove the entire side plate to get the airbox door off.

Eventually, I'll do it.

Checked Rocky M and didn't see blue side panels, I searched for 03 04 05 and 06. What a bunch of #@%! you would think aftermarket companies would capitalize on demand for parts on one of the most popular machines on earth. Maybe my demand isn't enough:) I guess I need some cheese.

On my 04 WR it was pretty easy. It will go on will a little trimming. I used a cable tie on the lower portion of the plate instead of getting to fancy drilling and what not. It wont be hard to put em on and make them look good. Here is a few pics, but they dont show the mods very well, maybe thats a good thing. ?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/9113432490.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/9113423466.jpg&s=x11

Thats ? my buddy got black plastics for his YZ back in '03 from Rocky Mountain. Of course, he drove down and picked them up himself, only 45 minutes from here.

YZ's not a problem... you could probably get YZ plastics in purple with red stripes if you looked hard enough.

It's just the WR that's stuck with white or blue.

At least the '05 and '06 use the YZ shrouds, so you can do everything except the sideplates and front plate (headlight surround) in black like I did (see garage)

UFO makes black side panels for your bike. I too have a 2003 WR450 and have A complete set of Black plastic from front to rear. I bought mine off of E-Bay. But check with TT Store I just ordered a black headlight shroud. TT store is awsome, give them a call and they will bend over backwards to help you, plus they will save you a ton of money.

P.s. Paint your frame, I didnt and now im going to tear everything apart again because it dont look right with that bright blue frame peaking out from that black plastic.

Interesting... I wonder what changed between '02 and '03... probably the airbox door since adding the battery to add e-start.

I checked with Chaparral (Polisport) and found the same thing.

'01 and '02 are probably the same as the YZ.

Tsk, do you have any part numbers, and did the left plate fit the airbox door without mods (two-piece out of the box)?

Interesting... I wonder what changed between '02 and '03... probably the airbox door since adding the battery to add e-start.

I checked with Chaparral (Polisport) and found the same thing.

'01 and '02 are probably the same as the YZ.

Tsk, do you have any part numbers, and did the left plate fit the airbox door without mods (two-piece out of the box)?

You might be right but the YZ doesn't have the recovery bottle so there might be a difference on the left cover ?

Nah, the recovery bottle is mounted to the subframe. I bought an '05 YZ cover intending to put it on mine, and except for the airbox door, it would fit and look just fine.

The YZ fender needs a little trimming to allow the coolant lines to pass through, but that's not a big deal.

I do miss my taillight though.... I really wish someone made a complete bolt-on set for the newer WR's

I've looked all over the web and can't find anything from UFO for the newer bikes... all of the lists stop at '02.