Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aford541

Pinks?

4 posts in this topic

My buddy and had a cool idea what if we built a 03 YZ 450 to drag race, I think its unique enough that we could get it on the TV show Pinks.

I figure we could strip it down, take all the internals out of the fork and remove the shock put a slick on it bore and stroke make it like a 520 port the head put big valves in the thing and run it on alcohol with about a 16 to 1 Compression Ratio maybe get 75 horse power put a 15 / 45 sprocket on it and let her rip.

Probably run 10.0 at 120 or so.

Any thoughts?

One thing is for sure it would be fun.

we need RHC and TDub on this one.

it wouldn't be hard at all, they run very good times stock.

It would run faster than a 10, street bikes run faster than that stock.

My buddy and had a cool idea what if we built a 03 YZ 450 to drag race, I think its unique enough that we could get it on the TV show Pinks.

I figure we could strip it down, take all the internals out of the fork and remove the shock put a slick on it bore and stroke make it like a 520 port the head put big valves in the thing and run it on alcohol with about a 16 to 1 Compression Ratio maybe get 75 horse power put a 15 / 45 sprocket on it and let her rip.

Probably run 10.0 at 120 or so.

Any thoughts?

One thing is for sure it would be fun.

we need RHC and TDub on this one.

A good idea for pinks is to get a couple of guys with dirtbikes to race them in the dirt. Like going out to the desert and making a makeshift dragstrip out there. It would be nice to see the show out on dirt instead of asphalt :thumbsup: