HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ray51

How to cure front end from pushing(06 yz450)

12 posts in this topic

B-4 I buy the 06 Yz450 I wanted to here from owners on how you have cured the front end from pushing on turns. I ride motocross and I like the way the 06 looks and fits me.

Main thing most of us have done is change the front tire and raise the forks up in the clamps to the first line. I also have my rear sag at 105mm, but I am pushing the envelope of my stock spring. I don't want to give it up.

Taller handlebars help - Windham Bend in addition to a stickyer fronttire and folks lifted to first line.

I want to test different offset tripleclamps - has anyone found if a 22-24mm offset helps?

Someone told me that the Applied had a special clamp for the Yz450. Its suppose to be the same offset that Reed uses on his bike.

raise the forks (mine is set 1/4 below line) and put on Dunlop 756 or 755.........

and hang on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It craves!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I run the stock front tire still (the only guy left in the free world to do so...), moved the forks up 10mm, ensure the sag is set at 100mm and go. Coming from the 03 YZ450, I've gotten use to using alot of body english when turning the bike so this 06 450 feels like a 250F to me, it definitely carves better than my previous bikes. Love this beast...

Someone told me that the Applied had a special clamp for the Yz450. Its suppose to be the same offset that Reed uses on his bike.

They have a 27mm offset clamp

The geometry is the same as the older bikes even though the frame is totally different. The clamps, on the older bikes, are unreal. The handling on the wr 400 felt very similar to an RM 250. The bike felt like it lost weight. Stability was slightly improved. It tooka minute to trust this because the bike turned faster.

I turned inside of a kid riding a CR 85 honda while using them.

Team Yamaha has used this offset for many years.