HOLY COW!! Just did the MODs

Well you all said it was so but I guess until you do it you don't realize how much of a difference the GYTR AIS kit make!!! ?:confused::bonk::bonk:

I just did it last week and took the bike out for a short test run an it RIPs :bonk:

Did all the MODs listed in the GYTR AIS removal kit and it is the best $39 you can spend (yes I know you have all repeated this time and time again) ?:bonk:

BTW this was the first time I ever took a carb apart on ANY vehicle (uncle looked over my shoulder to help) and was amazed as to how easy it really was. Figured if I was gonna get back into riding I should learn my own maintenance so I rolled up the sleeves and dug in. TOO EASY!! ?

~RAL

Well you all said it was so but I guess until you do it you don't realize how much of a difference the GYTR AIS kit make!!! ??:bonk::bonk:

I just did it last week and took the bike out for a short test run an it RIPs :confused:

Wait till you throw a pipe on the bike! That is if you can afford to gain some Db's. The gains are far more than from the AIS kit!!!!

Wait till you throw a pipe on the bike! That is if you can afford to gain some Db's. The gains are far more than from the AIS kit!!!!

He is in Ca, thats not gonna happen unless he rides on closed courses all day long. On the brightside the FMF Q2 and PC type 496 help a ton in the power department without being all that noisy on this bike

I know when I rode mine right after the mods I almost flipped it over I was, I was a little worried to take it to the trails. But it's so easy to ride it's very usable power. I'm so glad I got the 450 over the 250 like everyone was telling me to.

I know when I rode mine right after the mods I almost flipped it over I was, I was a little worried to take it to the trails. But it's so easy to ride it's very usable power. I'm so glad I got the 450 over the 250 like everyone was telling me to.

Get your suspension done, it is even more usable! Highly recommended!

It has the same effect that derestriction has on the engine. The wr has poor soft valving stock. Yes, you can have firm but plush suspension!

What is the AIS kit? I tried the search and couldn't find it. It may be called something else. Thanks

1. AIS = Air induction System fitted to most 05/06 WRs

2. What is it = allows air to be drawn into exhaust to help burn exhaust gasses

3. What does it do = said to reduce emissions

4. How does it affect bike performance = generally contributes to "popping" on decel

5. What does it look like = Its the piping and tubes on the Right side of head and carb.

6. Why get rid of it = 'cause you dont want the added weight, complexity, and uglyness?? + it can mask jetting issues that cause popping...

7. How do you get rid of it = The AIS rmoval Kit

8. Who makes these =The KIT (Yamaha GYTR) and TT both market "removal" kits. TT Kit made and marketed by TT member Came 1st and is cleanest looking. Both Kits consist of various plugs and clamps etc that allow you to "JUNK" the AIS

9. SHOULD YOU DO IT = YES

?

Try a search "AIS Removal Kit" - you will find LOTS

He is in Ca, thats not gonna happen unless he rides on closed courses all day long. On the brightside the FMF Q2 and PC type 496 help a ton in the power department without being all that noisy on this bike

Yes I am in the "Republik" and will keep my bike legal. ?

Pipe will come with $$ (as if having any ever stops us) ?

Get your suspension done, it is even more usable! Highly recommended!

It has the same effect that derestriction has on the engine. The wr has poor soft valving stock. Yes, you can have firm but plush suspension!

I am a big guy (6' 1" 220lbs) and have set the sag to what the Yamaha say in the manual. Nothing else yet.

Last time I rode any serious dirt was in my teens (39 now) and I have not had this bike or been back into it long enough to have a feel for what right feels like on the dirt bike. ??

I HAVE been riding street many years and know enough to understand what all the adjustments are, but gonna leave it stock for now to get a feel for a starting point. :confused:

Any suggestions for a larger guy on this bike as far as suspension adjustment/MODs?

I am a big guy (6' 1" 220lbs) and have set the sag to what the Yamaha say in the manual. Nothing else yet.

Last time I rode any serious dirt was in my teens (39 now) and I have not had this bike or been back into it long enough to have a feel for what right feels like on the dirt bike. ??

I HAVE been riding street many years and know enough to understand what all the adjustments are, but gonna leave it stock for now to get a feel for a starting point. :confused:

Any suggestions for a larger guy on this bike as far as suspension adjustment/MODs?

I'm 240lbs (110kgs) I went to 6kg/mm shock spring and .50kg/mm fork springs. You are definately too big for the stock suspension, we get harder springs than you guy's in the US, and they are still too soft.

I would suggest you don't just change springs, get a revalve too. The stock valving is really soft, with harder springs, the problem is magnified. I learned the hard way! Spend the money, get unimaginable results!

Some of the benefits of properly set up suspension are:

It makes the bike feel a lot lighter!

It goes where you want it to go!

You can change lines mid corner.

It makes it way easier to ride.

It makes it way more comfortable.

You can hit corners flat out!

It gives you so much more confidence.

Bottoming out is now a very rare occurance.

It stops most wheel deflection.

The suspension feels much much more linear, supple on the small stuff while being firm.

It would be the best mod you could do to your bike, even more so because of the soft valving on the WR's.