Other places that talk about XR600R/650L

I totally appreciate this forum but I'd like to find other places to discuss these bikes as well...

Recommendation?

I totally appreciate this forum but I'd like to find other places to discuss these bikes as well...

Recommendation?

Four strokes.com and a group on yahoo.

Four strokes.com and a group on yahoo.

XRLUG on Yahoo groups for XR650L.

4strokes.com. There's a fair amount of traffic & posting there, but no where near as much as TT. Also, noticably absent is the infamous 'L' vs. 'R' debate... :thumbsup:

Not real impressed with 4strokes.com

If TTs 600/650 forum is the best source on the net then I think the bike's popularity is falling off for sure because there seems to be less and less active detailed discussions about this bike these days.

I don't think the bikes popularity is falling I think everyone that rides these are just spending more time riding then talking. Besides what more can be said about something that is this perfect. I've been retired since I joined TT and I would rather ride, which I do everyday with over 81000 kms on the 650R, then type about this magnificent mount. As it shows by the # of posts, I would sooner be riding then typing. Must go got a rear tire to DESTROY. hahahaha

Few people ride as much as I do... A quick trip to my website would reveal just how active I am... Has little to do wih the general lack of interest when I post real questions about technical issues on the number one Thumper forum and have a hard time getting valuable responses... I know serious knowledge exixts on this bike... but getting hold of someone that has a handle on these machines inside and out has become more difficult over time... I've been riding XRs since 1979 so my questions typically require a deeper level of knowedge... and it's getting harder and harder to find... and I can't call Barnum for FREE advise all the time.

Few people ride as much as I do... A quick trip to my website would reveal just how active I am... I've been riding XRs since 1979......

Sounds to me like you are the one that should be filling us full of all that knowledge :thumbsup:

I truly wasn't trying to sound condescending... Sorry if me response to smarty pants came off that way... I've just been unable to get into a deeper level dialogue about the old school XR600R/XR650L bikes... and I know there are some really experienced guys around... I'm afraid while I have been getting old... my mentors got even older ! I'm just trying to find out where the gurus of this beast hang out? If TT is still the best place then so be it... If there are other valuable resources I would wanna know and didn't think asking was gonna get me smart comments from someone on the other side of the planet... LOL

A few of us hang out and talk down at the Bartlett Lake trail by the Verde wash. :thumbsup: