HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jefferted

Idle adjustment problems

4 posts in this topic

I have an 02 426 and put a Thunder Alley pipe on it awhile back- love it. I rejetted it as recommended and it seemed to be running fine but the idle was a little low so I adjusted the throttle stop screw, seemed perfect after that. Next time I tried to ride it up the street it ran like crap. I can't seem to get it dialed in right. The manual says set the pilot screw to 1 3/8 turns but says nothing about setting the throttle stop screw (the one with the plastic knob on it) after you screw with it and mess things up. I called the local Yamaha service, they said out 1 1/4 turns on the throttle stop screw. I haven't messed with the pilot screw at all. Now it kicks back when I try to start it. I could use a little help here!

Thanks

You have to adjust the fuel screw all the time :thumbsup: like everytime you ride it! If you don't have a ez adjust screw (ty davis or scotts ) get one there about $25-30 bucks

try turning the idle adjustment screw counter-clockwise, sounds like its too far in(like when you twist the throttle while kicking). just a thought. :thumbsup: