Wash out

I have a 2000 YZ426 and am a VET C Hare scramble racer. I am having a problem with the front end washing out in the turns. I have reset my front forks with lighter oil and tried the adjustments in all positions.(compression and rebound)

Any suggestions? I am at a loss here. waisting to much time picking the bike back up after going down in the turns.

Rob

Some of the things that can encourage this kind of behavior are:

> Too much rear sag (increases rake and trail)

(decrease sag to the right spec, increase the rear spring rate if too soft, raise fork tubes in clamps 5-10mm)

> Not sitting far enough forward in turns

(move forward, extend inside leg forward for additional front weight in corners)

> Bike too vertical, forcing front tire to steer, rather than roll, around the turn

(lean the bike inside of your body centerline)

> Wrong tire for your soil type.

(most YZF's came with D739's, and lots of guys replace with the same thing they had. 739's work well only on hard pack surfaces.

> Too much rebound damping.

The YZ426 also has a device built in that will, in most cases, immediately stop the front tire from pushing; the throttle. If you bust it open about 3/4 of the way, the push will usually stop. Takes some time to learn to do this, though.

Have not played with fork height, when I had them off the bike,I put them back to the same measurement. Am running a maxi cross front and rear, they have always been great on other bikes I've had.I had not thought about the sag on the rear, may have to play with this a bit. As for the throttle, it's hard to craack it to far when riding tight woods ? Will try sitting more forward next time I go out.

What do you guys think about off set axles or triple clamps?

Thanks for the info.