Please help part 2

Glad to help, and I can't answer as to why there seems to be two. You will get used to it though, and if you don't want to then I highly recommend going to the 03 YZ450 exhaust cam which will upgrade you to automatic decompression. Now, go out there and tear it up.

Josh

i think the bike is flooded. my bike did the same thing. the three kicks in the beginning by pulling in the decomp lever could be flooding it. i had to let my bike sit for a day. do not put your hand on the throttle when kicking it u might be unintentionally giving it gas.

This is not true, no offense intended. When you hold the decomp open then there is no vacuum drawn on the carb to pull any fuel. In fact, if you read your owners manual it will tell you that in case of a flooded engine you pull the decomp and kick the engine over several times to clear the cylinder. Please don't take this as a knock, I simply want to correct your information so that no one else gets the wrong impression. Hope this helps.

Josh

i think the bike is flooded. my bike did the same thing. the three kicks in the beginning by pulling in the decomp lever could be flooding it. i had to let my bike sit for a day. do not put your hand on the throttle when kicking it u might be unintentionally giving it gas.

no offense taken, i read the same manual,

This is not true, no offense intended. When you hold the decomp open then there is no vacuum drawn on the carb to pull any fuel. In fact, if you read your owners manual it will tell you that in case of a flooded engine you pull the decomp and kick the engine over several times to clear the cylinder. Please don't take this as a knock, I simply want to correct your information so that no one else gets the wrong impression. Hope this helps.

Josh

The first part of his reply may have been off, but the second was dead on...

do not put your hand on the throttle when kicking it u might be unintentionally giving it gas.

Yes, I meant to specify which part was not right. I guess I forgot. Thanks for pointing it out.

Josh