HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ellis269

rider weight

6 posts in this topic

can someone tell me what weight rider is the 06 450 set up for? i am 180 lbs,want to know if springs will have to be changed when i get it re-valved.

If you do a spring rates search on Race Tech 's site, they say that the stock rates are right on for a 200 lb. rider. :thumbsup:

I've ridden YZ's for year with stock springs on the rear. I go 190 (without gear). Did have to swap out last fork springs for next higher rate (bike was '02 YZ 250). Seems like '06 450 suspension is as good as my revalve on the last bike.

I weigh 230lbs and still using the stock springs front and rear...with minor adjustments (dampening, preload, etc). But....I ride trails, not tracks. Haven't had any bottoming out problems, nor wishy-washy feel, and it tracks like a train on rails. I did have Race-Tech gold valves installed a few years back, but other than that its all stock.