HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rucka356

Blue plastic turning white

6 posts in this topic

I have heard/read where you can put a lighter to the plastic to heat it up and the plastic will turn back blue, but i tried that and it didn't seem to work. I may not have held it on there long enough, but i was afraid i was going to melt my fender. Any suggestions?

Use a propane torch or a heat gun and GENTLY heat the plastic, it's not an instant thing. When I did it on my 426 I rotated between 2-3 different areas and took my time. Works really well though!

I´ve heard that u can poor (spelling?!) warm water on the plastic and it will turn into blue again..

I havn´t tried it.. :thumbsup:

You can use a hair dryer, but go slow and be careful. One thing that happens when you get ride of the blue is the plastic becomes hard and brittle.

A heat gun will help resolve this but be patient and do not apply direct heat to one place very long.....spred the heat out...Do not touch it...it will leave mark.

FYI polisport makes more resistant blue plastic....but it will white up depending how hard you crash :thumbsup:

One reason I luv my yellow 06..... :thumbsup: