HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoughR1der

My tire scratched my new helmet

2 posts in this topic

I didnt have time to buy a new front tire for my 06 450, but i did have time to buy all new gear, including a dope helmet.

20 min into riding & struggling with that damn tire in the sand, i took a good spill and scratched up my brand new helemt. doh! well i should have taken all the advise and got that new tire sooner! man what a struggle in the sandy conditions in SoCal, it was REALLY bad.

other than that the bike was awesome! still waiting for my new bars though =/. get a new one if you ride soft stuff!!!

i was at el mirage which is pretty high alt. i am running 48p/170m and it was prolly a bit rich, but not too bad. maybe i need to go 45/165??? since i tend to ride high desert more than any other area.

My tire on my 06 bent my radiator and trashed my right side shroud pretty good, but lucky for me I already had a scratched lid :thumbsup: On a related note, how do you fella's like the Maxxis MaxCross IT front tire?