HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
temptation2003

03 Wr450 Ti powercore VS. Powercore 4

8 posts in this topic

I have a 2003 Wr450 with all free mods done and was looking into buying an aftermarket exhaust. I've been reading posts on the forum and am having a hard time choosing between the FMF TI powercore and the Powercore4 with Qinsert... I mostly ride Long straight fireroads with some ocasional woods. Which exhaust produces more power and do you guys think would work better? Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup: .!!

don't know about power difference between the two but the ti powercore is incredible. loud without quiet core but very nice with it in. $269 shipped from rocky mountain and the blue one looks very nice. don't forget the quiet core, it's $8.99 - sweet!

I have the Ti Powercore on my '06 WR450 & love it! Not sure what the decibel rating is, but it's quieter than I expected. Hey... "trailordune" how does the quiet insert for Ti bolt in? Does it go inside the spark arrester?

quiet core replaces the original spark arrestor. it's like a rev tube w/ a sparky combo. bolts right in w/ the screw. i did not notice ANY less power w/ it in and i rode it both ways. much quieter! as for comparing to stock pipe w/out baffle there is no comparison, this bike rips now. dont know about 05 or 06 stock pipe, mine's an 04. $8.99 for the quiet core - cant beat that!

Well I went ahead and ordered the Ti powercore (with Q insert) from Rocky Mountain and it will be here in 2 days :thumbsup: !!I also ordered the JD Jetting kit :thumbsup: so Hopefully that will help also. I'll try and get it put on by the end of the weekend and test it out.(putting on new front/rear tires 15/48 sprockets and new chain also) Getting it ready for summer :confused::bonk: Thanks for the info I'll write again once I've tried it out..