fenders??

Looking to get my 600R road legal for dual sportin. I am trying to find a rear fender that looks a little better than the stock one. I have gotten ahold of an old CR500 fender in the meantime, I like the overall look of it but there is a weird void behind the seat.

What are some of the solutions that you motard guys have come up with? Are there any different application fenders that cross over and look half decent??

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!! I guess all I gotta do is look...too busy unscrewing the wiring "birds nest" the previous owner built ??:confused:

BY THE WAY.......anyone got a pic of what the wiring SHOULD look like under the seat/rear fender/headlite cavity? This thing is a mess, time to break out the soldering iron, shrink wrap and zip ties. I'm kinda anal about having wiring look like an aircraft wiring harness....Thanks again

BY THE WAY.......anyone got a pic of what the wiring SHOULD look like under the seat/rear fender/headlite cavity? This thing is a mess, time to break out the soldering iron, shrink wrap and zip ties. I'm kinda anal about having wiring look like an aircraft wiring harness....Thanks again

Go to www.bajadesigns.com and select the "tech info" tab on their homepage. Go to "manuals". Click on this note "Click Here To View Archived Dual Sport Kit Manuals" and select the classic dualsport kit for your year bike. It'll have photos of most of what you are looking for.

Sorry, I can't seem to copy a direct link.

i can tell you what i did...

I'm on a 650L (yea i know its different) but i'm sure my situation is similar to yours

Well, I didnt like the cermoto fenders too much, so I bought a cr450f rear fender...took my time... and made it work. It looks 100,000,000 times better than stock, and 1000 times better than the cermoto (in my opinion). I used the led light from Bagadesigns, looks like a different bike!

i can tell you what i did...

I'm on a 650L (yea i know its different) but i'm sure my situation is similar to yours

Well, I didnt like the cermoto fenders too much, so I bought a cr450f rear fender...took my time... and made it work. It looks 100,000,000 times better than stock, and 1000 times better than the cermoto (in my opinion). I used the led light from Bagadesigns, looks like a different bike!

So, show us a photo. I'm really curious and haven't made up my mind on a rear fender for my XR600R. The Cemoto and Maier fenders are so expensive. You can PM me for my email if you'd rather just send me a photo. Thanks.

FYI, here is a link to a CR500 fender install.

http://www.justxr.com/

Look under "info/setups" and "fitting an MX guard to an XR6"

• 1 month later...

I ended up ordering a black rear fender for a CR 500 and with some slight work from a heat gun it looks pretty damn deadly. So good in fact that within a week the bike was stolen while on dualsport trip. :applause:

Same fenders fit XR650L's as do the XR600R. I used the Maier and the BD taillight assembly. My neighbor used the CeMoto and BD taillight assembly. The Maier has a small lip that hangs down and covers part of the taillight. I used a Dremel tool and a small sanding wheel to cut out the tail light area on the lip so the entire light is visible. The CeMoto doesn't have this problem and looks more like a CR rear fender. Both fit the mounting points without modifying. The CeMoto is a flatter color red; the Maier has a glossier finish to it. CeMoto is also slightly longer. I have to work a little harder to get the seat bolts in using the Maier; seems the fender is a little taller. Both look good and seem work fine. Mostly depends on personal preference. You can get both the Maier fender and the BD taillight assembly from Baja Designs. XR's Only can get you the CeMoto - possibly this year if you make enough phone calls.

See photos of the Maier fender and the BD taillight on the XR650L in "My Garage".