XR650L Aftermarket Exhaust Question

I really need to get the stock exhaust pipe off my beast! But I don't want to burn the plastic (or my kid's leg?) molding. I was thinking that a titanium exhaust pipe might dissipate the heat better, and also take a little more abuse. Is this correct? Can anyone suggest a good one?

I've got the Big Gun Race on my bike, it's not any hotter than stock. It's built kinda crappy though.

I've read the White Bros EB2 is a good pipe for our bikes, you can get one on ebay for like 250-275, Also the SuperTrapp IDS2 is supposed to be a decent pipe for the L and decently priced

165.jpg *(this is not that antiquated plate thing from the 70s)

I bought a Wileyco (pronounced Veelayco) on Ebay and I love it :thumbsup: It went right on and doesnt affect my plastics at all. I dont even think it gets as hot as the stock pipe did. Heres a pic. http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/kelleyseiler/MODS%20to%202006%20XR650/HappyTrailsRack.jpg and it comes with a lifetime warranty! Here is an overview of this exhaust http://www.calmoto.com/SHOP/wc758ss-o-usfs.html I paid brand new from a dealer $100.00 it was for a XR600 but they are interchangable.

I really need to get the stock exhaust pipe off my beast! But I don't want to burn the plastic (or my kid's leg?) molding. I was thinking that a titanium exhaust pipe might dissipate the heat better, and also take a little more abuse. Is this correct? Can anyone suggest a good one?

Supertrapp IDS2-QC (Quiet Core) for the XRL. I've been runnin' Trapps since '82. Well made, tunable, light weight, good sound but not too loud. :thumbsup:

My Yoshi has never burnt me. It has discolored the rear fender a little but it hasnt "melted" it. VERY LOUD.I doubt u would be able to find one though.

I've got a Big Gun Quiet on mine and it hasn't even gotten close to burning any passenger's leg or the plastic. I do have that metal -heat -shield -tape- stuff whatever -it's called on the inside of the plastic also.

are you looking for a complete exaust system or are you just replacing the muffler?

I was thinking about just the muffler for now. That Wileyco unit looks good. Is just the silencer stainless steel,or the whole thing?

Is the Supertrapp titanium? What about the White Bros? I'll search the sites to see if I can find one.

I was thinking about just the muffler for now. That Wileyco unit looks good. Is just the silencer stainless steel,or the whole thing?

Is the Supertrapp titanium? What about the White Bros? I'll search the sites to see if I can find one.

The entire wileyco is stainless including the mid pipe. And remember the lifetime warranty! :thumbsup:http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/kelleyseiler/XR650L3.jpg here you can see the mid pipe http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/kelleyseiler/MODS%20to%202006%20XR650/pipeunder.jpg heres an underside view

Thats one nice lookin unit ya got there Kelleyseiler, how does she do on performance? Is she loud?

Thats one nice lookin unit ya got there Kelleyseiler, how does she do on performance? Is she loud?

Its not real loud. My neighbors dont seem to mind. It is louder than stock but not much...A real low thump. After I put it on I also took the snorkle off and rejetted the carb, and it made the bike run 100% better. Throttle response was great and you have watch pulling the front wheel up, it happens without even trying! :thumbsup:

I bought a used pro circuit off of ebay and it seems to be really well made. Downside is that it is loud but you can order the quiet core from PC and stick it in there which is what I am going to do.

One I'm actually looking at which I haven't found any info on this site yet is a pipe made by StainTune. They are made in Australian. The exhaust is stainless steel and you can get a complete system. Kind of pricey. I've located it at a local dealer for $595.00 for the complete stainless steel system.

The entire wileyco is stainless including the mid pipe. And remember the lifetime warranty! :thumbsup:http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/kelleyseiler/XR650L3.jpg here you can see the mid pipe http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/kelleyseiler/MODS%20to%202006%20XR650/pipeunder.jpg heres an underside view

Wow, that's a great lookin' pipe dude! I think I'm sold! I'll have to check the $$ Canadian price. You said it cost you $100, but their website says they are $330!! Maybe I was looking at a complete exhaust system...

kelley is your pipe the one for the road or the one for off-road only

One I'm actually looking at which I haven't found any info on this site yet is a pipe made by StainTune. They are made in Australian. The exhaust is stainless steel and you can get a complete system. Kind of pricey. I've located it at a local dealer for $595.00 for the complete stainless steel system.
you wont regreat the staintune its an awesome pipe, the one on my 650R sounds awesome :thumbsup: and they are tough as nails
Wow, that's a great lookin' pipe dude! I think I'm sold! I'll have to check the $$ Canadian price. You said it cost you $100, but their website says they are $330!! Maybe I was looking at a complete exhaust system...

I got my pipe from a dealer on EBAY. He had it listed for a XR600 and the xr600 will fit a XR650L so I snatched it up along with 3 other Thumpertalk members :thumbsup: You can keep looking to see if he ever puts anymore on but I havent seen anymore. If he did I was going to buy them and put them on Thumpertalk. :thumbsup:

kelley is your pipe the one for the road or the one for off-road only

It is for on road. Has a real nice deep roar! :thumbsup:

I got my pipe from a dealer on EBAY. He had it listed for a XR600 and the xr600 will fit a XR650L so I snatched it up along with 3 other Thumpertalk members :thumbsup: You can keep looking to see if he ever puts anymore on but I havent seen anymore. If he did I was going to buy them and put them on Thumpertalk. :thumbsup:

I'll keep my eyes peeled.... :confused:

Another vote for the Wileyco. I too was able to snag an eBay deal, and am very happy with the result.

Keep your eyes out for when the next batch hits the auctions.