HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HuntinTony

Wr 450 fuel screw

8 posts in this topic

Need to know all about the ZYP ty fuel screw and Pics on how and where it goes would be very Helpful!! :thumbsup:

Arin has done a photo tutorial. search for it, I think it was called FCR jetting or something similar.

Need to know all about the ZYP ty fuel screw and Pics on how and where it goes would be very Helpful!! :confused:

You dont need pics - simple once you remove Carb:

It is on the under side of the float bowl right hand side - out of view normally.

The stock carb comes with a screw that is blanked off (hidden from outside adjustment) with an allow plug with a small hole. This plug must be removed as your new screw is long enough to prottrude through this hole so you can get adjust by fingers - clever :thumbsup:

You may also have to drill the carb hole to a slightly larger Diam. so the thread of your New Fuel Screw will slide in. My Sudco part fitted fine..

The only way I could get my alloy plug out was:

1. Remove Carb

2. Remove float bowl

3. Punch out alloy plug (carefully)

4. Remove stock fuel screw (keep parts: spring and O -ring)

5. Install new fuel screw (with spring and O -ring)

I would recommend also rejetting and giving the Carb a clean at the same time.

Enjoy

:thumbsup:

The O-Ring spring and washer are very small and easy to loose.

Lay a white rag under your work area to catch them if they fall.

Also, If you want to remove the fuel screw access plug while the bowl is still on the carb use a set of picks. It'll pop right out. The carb will need slid out of the engine boot and rotated a little.

Thought, I do have a Zip Ty fuel screw in my WR450 now, I'm removing it today to install my new fuel screw. I will attach a photo of it. Its made of stainless steel, it has an additional "o-ring" which keeps out dirt and also helps "support" the extended screw and keeps it from working its way out. The knob had "one" nub thats a little different (pointed) so you can have an idea how for you turned it in or out by feel. I purchased it from the "KTM 2006 Hardparts" catalog. The OE KTM number is 59031017200 and it retails for $24.90, I get a 25% discount on all my KTM parts (grandsons races KTM's) and it cost me $18.67! Now the KTM 450 EXC uses the same carb as my WR450 (Kiehin FCR 39mm) and it was a direct swap, but if you have an older model etc, I'm not sure. Also, the Zip Ty is aluminum, and if you seat it too snug, the small tip can break of inside the orifice rendering a perfectly good carb body into scrap aluminum. Anyone else used this set up? I will install it today. A buddie already installed his and likes it. To answer the rest of your question, the fuel screw is located in a small deep well hole, located under the carb, engine side in the front of the float bowl. Almost impossible to reach, especially with an electric starter motor under it. Check out the photo, give me your thoughts (for those who have used this screw or would like to)

fuel_screw.jpg

YOU GUYS ROCK. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE RESEARCH YOU DID FOR ME!!! This is the greatest site for beginner to advanced motorcycle owners. As I read this forum, it gives me the confidence to do any of the task that are needed to make my bike what it should be. Thank all of you once again..

Tony :thumbsup:

my new fuel screw. I will attach a photo of it. Its made of stainless steel, it has an additional "o-ring" which keeps out dirt and also helps "support" the extended screw and keeps it from working its way out. The knob had "one" nub thats a little different (pointed) so you can have an idea how for you turned it in or out by feel..... give me your thoughts (for those who have used this screw or would like to)

fuel_screw.jpg

Great idea, when I fitted my Sudco (good stuff BRASS - dont like the alum ones) I felt it needed some support/sealing around the shaft just before it exits the float bowl - it even has a groove for an O-ring which was not fitted.

Problem with mine is that every half revolution the screw looks the same - countless times I have "backed" it out and got lost counting the Half revs... pain in the butt!

I think I'll go for a replacement like yours - likewise, gloved hands are hard to fit past the starter motor...

BTW, 06 WR 450 has FCR 39, same as 05WR and KTM 450, BINGO :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info