Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
One Louder

Dinged leaky right fork

8 posts in this topic

Howdy ya'll. my bike runs perfect but the last time I went riding I noticed oil leaking from my front fork. upon further inspection I noticed a pretty good ding in the down tube and saw that the previous owner must have crashed her fairly hard. :thumbsup: the dust seal was bent up and there was a big gouge where the seal inserts. I'm sure I have to replace the fork so my question is what forks will fit my 98 yz400? 426, 450...etc. I'd like to upgrade if I can :thumbsup: Thanks

Don't be too sure you have to replace just yet. Try using a fine piece of sand paper and smooth out the ding. Install new fork seals if necessarry.

I think ding is the wrong word it's more of a small dent and it leaks so bad that it drips off the bottom of the fork when I stop to take a break.

I think ding is the wrong word it's more of a small dent and it leaks so bad that it drips off the bottom of the fork when I stop to take a break.

Be careful because if it is your left fork it could leak on the brakes and make it hard to stop.

it is the right fork, and I found a pair of yz400 forks on ebay that the guy just had serviced before his bike froze the rod. He's parting the bike and I got a good deal on the forks. So if anyone wants to buy a good left fork let me know :thumbsup:

I didn't know they could recoat fork. See at TT we learn something new everyday. What's the cost of something like that?

I didn't know they could recoat fork. See at TT we learn something new everyday. What's the cost of something like that?

I'm in the same boat...