HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crfdaddy

fork height?

9 posts in this topic

my question is there any potential harm if i set the fork height level at the 2nd scribe line from the top of the top tripple clamp down? in other words i can see 2 scribe marks. i was hoping that this will help the bike to run tighter cornering, i'm planning on purchasing the apllied rubber mount offset clamps in the near future to help with this. thanks john

my question is there any potential harm if i set the fork height level at the 2nd scribe line from the top of the top tripple clamp down? in other words i can see 2 scribe marks. i was hoping that this will help the bike to run tighter cornering, i'm planning on purchasing the apllied rubber mount offset clamps in the near future to help with this. thanks john

One of the guys at work is running the forks on the second line with no problems. Thanks Mark

i have placed my forks (04 yz450f) at the first line and it turns sharper less push. i have not tried the 2nd or 3rd mark. the trade off i hear is high speed stability. has not been an issue with me. :thumbsup:

thanks guys for getting back with me , i wasn't sure if you could run at the second mark, now i feel better i'm going to try that until i buy theoffset tripple tree

You can run it at the 2nd line but you will give up a lot of high speed stability for some awesome cornering.

What year of bike do you have? Mine is the 03. I was running on the 2nd line but have switched back to the first line down from top. I think the 2nd line works best for tight wooded trails if thats your primary riding(quicker turning). But I ride mostly open areas and mx tracks so I needed better stability. Every time I would hit a cow turd, my bars would swipe sideways,OUCH! Something to think about...

mainly run outdoor, mx tracks some of the tracks have very sharp turns more than 180 degree turns. i can hit them pretty fast on a 2005 kx250f , the 2004 yz450f is another story, i just can't get it to rail like a 250f, probably me just need to ride more i guess

Remember crfdaddy......these are 2 very differant bikes as far as weight and power are concerned. :thumbsup:

naturally, they will react differantly too. :thumbsup:

I've tried this before and if you ride a lot of outdoor mx style tracks I'd suggest the first mark from the top.If you raise the forks,you'll gain a little cornering,but give up a lot of handling.I did it once,and it made every bump just seem twice as harsh.Now,if you are riding sx style tracks,go for it.Natural terrain,like braking and acceleration bumps just killed me along with any flat landings.