HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idiot_on_426

rekluse

10 posts in this topic

ok guys, i feel like an idiot asking this beacuse it seems that it is the most popular thing talked about on these forums, but could someone please explain to me what the Rekluse auto clutch is and what it does and what makes it so nice. Thanks

It makes your clutch centrifigal actuated. It feathers the clutch eliminating stalling and the need for flywheel weights.

The downside is the loss of bump starting capabilities. They are $400 through the TT store.

The like/dislike ration here seems to be about 30:1. I will be keeping mine. It makes it much easier to ride in the tight stuff and makes the 426 a hill-climbing monster. It's almost like cheating.

They work excellent in MX but do take some getting used to. I love mine. I have 2 friends who use theirs in Mx and both have improved there positions. Starts are a breeze. If you eliminate the clutch lever which you can, you can have a rear brake, hand operated on the left. I do and love it. All I ride is tracks but I am not racing and it seems to work great.

They work excellent in MX but do take some getting used to. I love mine. I have 2 friends who use theirs in Mx and both have improved there positions. Starts are a breeze. If you eliminate the clutch lever which you can, you can have a rear brake, hand operated on the left. I do and love it. All I ride is tracks but I am not racing and it seems to work great.

i just ordered the hand brake for mine,they have a doo-jigger that allows you to keep the perch adj/override with a little lever that attaches to the top of the new master cyl., thats gonna be a definate bonus for in gear starts and finding neutral while its running :thumbsup: i just hope i can train my brain into the new setup,if i can't they have a dual setup(that uses both hand and foot) i can add on later for $100 more :thumbsup: fastest 1,how long did it take to get used to the brake on the bars? and also is it fairly easy to lock it up,as i like sliding into/around corners.

I ordered the hand brake for mine because I got the clutch set just perfect without the perch adjuster. But I dont think I am going to install it. The brake lever is big and ugly (I like my ASV's), and they didnt send me the hot start kit I would need to put it on either. If I could still use my ASV lever and didnt need the optional hot start kit I may try it, but I think I am just going to send it back. I had already bought the perch adjuster and installed it once, so I cant return it. I put the perch adjuster back on, its nice to find nuetral and to rev the bike too. Kinda sux, I was really looking forward to having the hand brake, it would be so nice in some situations. The Rekluse is awesome by the way.

i moved the stock hot start to the right side (just had to drill the holes a little bigger as the bolts are larger dia on that side) hung it upside down with the lever pointing towards the throttle. works great,all you have to do is reach out with your thumb :thumbsup: it looks a little funny at first but its definately a cheaper way to do it. it seems protected well enough from a wreck :thumbsup:

I dont ever need the override so I dont run one. Why cant you start it in gear? Just dont give it the gas! The brake lever is great on the bars and it will lock the rear brake, not as esily as I would like but easy enough. the only thing that is odd, is that I ran no lever on the left for over a year and now that I have a lever, I feather it during shifting! Fortunately I fan it very lightly and it just settles the suspension but I cant seem to break the habit. You can also kind of brake going into corners leaving the throttle on and it rips upon release. Works like that on starts too. Kind of load the motor against the brakes with the throttle on. Let them go and takeoff already in the powerband. Just like powerbraking an automatic tranny car. I did wish they had an ASV or ARC lever for it, but the lever on the brake does have a good feel. I dont need the foot brake ever, why would you? It will stop most people from asking to ride your bike!

I dont ever need the override so I dont run one. Why cant you start it in gear? Just dont give it the gas!
both of the 450's i've owned don't like to start in gear, rekluse or stock. ever try pushing your bike in gear while its not running? much easier in neutral,comes in handy for dead starts :thumbsup: