Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jawmail

Tachometer on '06 650L

5 posts in this topic

I want a tach on my new 650L (I pick it up tomorrow). What is the best way to do it. Is there an analog tach we can put on or are all the options digital readouts.

Trailtech and Acewell both make the 'digital' version of an analog tach and speedo combo. I have the Acewell and like it a lot.

Lee

Trailtech and Acewell both make the 'digital' version of an analog tach and speedo combo. I have the Acewell and like it a lot.

Lee

If you take off and acclerate briskly, (or even moderately), can you see the numbers changing (how fast you're going)? Or is it a blur until you level the speed off? I like the looks but my concern is taking off on the street and getting ticketed because I couldn't tell when I hit 30 or 40 mph in time.

If you take off and acclerate briskly, (or even moderately), can you see the numbers changing (how fast you're going)? Or is it a blur until you level the speed off? I like the looks but my concern is taking off on the street and getting ticketed because I couldn't tell when I hit 30 or 40 mph in time.

No, the digital speedo climbs pretty slow especially with the L. :thumbsup:

It stays in time with the speed pretty well.