XR600/650R gallery

Why is the 650R such a popular motard bike? Obviously the power to weight ratio is good but it just seems like most motards I see are 650R's or 600R's... :thumbsup:

Why is the 650R such a popular motard bike? Obviously the power to weight ratio is good but it just seems like most motards I see are 650R's or 600R's... :thumbsup:

That's true for "street 'tards" but out at the track 450s are more popular. A XR650R motard will stomp just about ANY other bike out there on the streets at "legal" speeds. There's guys who've sold RC51s for XR650R motorards, go over to supermotojunkie.com, there's plenty of other street tards but the XR is the ultimate (some argue KTM) :thumbsup:

It's popular because it is there, and Honda hasn't done it for us already. Kinda like why men climb mountains....

Nice Post. :thumbsup: Cool SM Bikes. :thumbsup::confused:

Wow, my first reaction is this is what happens when people run out of open space or suffer from a geographic lack of desert.

Nonetheless, lots of great ideas for somebody looking to do more than just retire a clapped out XR to dual sport use.