06' stock muffler 1st plate removal & noise

I am planning on removing the first plate(the one with two pipes in it) from my stock muffler but am planning on riding some events this summer. Anyone done this mod and had it tested? I have a PMB insert, and think that the combo would be pretty quiet, with good power. Any done the first plate mod? How much more noise was there. More power?

Thanks,

Yoda'

Did you also notice a bit of a power increase chubbyfat? Are you using an insert?

in a nutshell, yes. nothing earth shattering, but with the pmb insert and proper jetting there is definitely an increase and smoother power delivery. no doubt, worth the work.

I know there was some tutorial for doing the removal of the first baffle (since I'm thinking of doing it too) but I can't find it in the archives. I took the end cap and spark arrestor out, but how do you get to the baffle? Also, what are the two rivets (on top and bottom where the allen screws are) for?

Thanks a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking out the first baffle with the two openings and putting on a 35mm pipe today. I'm going riding this weekend so I"ll let you guys know what I think. I'm just hoping it's not too loud and piss people off since we dont have any sound checks here.

Brian

Hey, I did put the screen back in and it still is loud. (Compared to stock)

The way I did it is, I took a large hole saw and drilled out the entire center of the muffler then cleaned up the extra metal with punch and hammer. Looks good in the end..