KEY HELP....Orlando !!

Lost my dang bike key........Anyone around Orlando know a locksmith or somewhere I might find a master to make a copy from?? bike is a dual sport and requires ignition be turned on with key.......... so I can't friggin start it ...........and don't know anything about 'hotwiring" ..........someone give me a shout on this little matter , please..........and thanks .....

Hey,

Sorry to hear about that. The key switch is either normally open or normally closed. All this means is that it either puts two wires in contact, or it breaks the contact. Pull the key switch and get the wires loose. Try to start it with the wires not connected. If not, twist the wires together and try it. Should be all that it takes. Good luck.

A dealer should be able to help you out. There are only a few different keys for each model. Even cars only use a few different keys for a given model.

hey thanks guys .............. I will be able to deal with the key situation now in one of the 2 or 3 ways suggested ..........say should we get this thread deleted now so........ "shall we say"......... no one would be tempted to procure a key with bad intentions in mind ....... Thanks again

I deleted the post with the potentially sensitive information.

I deleted the post with the potentially sensitive information.

Thank you. :thumbsup: