HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz426em

New 04 450 for me today

4 posts in this topic

This morning i received my new 04 450 from a member on this site and i must say it is a impressive bike, as some of you might remember i have a 426 that the rod bearing seized to the crank so after looking around i picked up this bike for a good deal and i will be putting the 426 on hold for awhile. If their is any suggestions from you smart fellas on what i should do first it would be appreciated!! Thanks

I have the same bike......

1) Zip-Ty fuel screw

2) Dunlop 756 front tire, along with a Maxxis IT for the rear tire

3) ASV levers

4) Pro-Taper SE bars

5) Scotts Stainless steel oil filter

5) Stormlink linkage?? I installed this to make the bike turn better, but I have not yet had it on the track to try it. People say it definately works if you reset the sag to 105-107mm

best of luck with it.....I love mine.

This morning i received my new 04 450 from a member on this site and i must say it is a impressive bike, as some of you might remember i have a 426 that the rod bearing seized to the crank so after looking around i picked up this bike for a good deal and i will be putting the 426 on hold for awhile. If their is any suggestions from you smart fellas on what i should do first it would be appreciated!! Thanks

Nothing.The first thing would be to ride it. :thumbsup: The best bike you'll ever own.I have been looking at the Storm linkage myself.Let me know how it works for you.Make sure you make friends with people who ride red 450s so that when their bikes are broke,you can call them every weekend to let them know that you're going riding.I do :thumbsup: .

14/47 for gearing. I installed the tri-star 22.5 mm offset triple clamps and feel like I'm riding a different bike. Boyesen flex grip. Universal fat bars. All seem to really help to hang on the beast.