HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrailRiderXRL

XR650L Owners Manual?

16 posts in this topic

I am looking for an owners manual for my 2001 XRL. Is there a site I can download one from? How about a service manual?

Thanks

I just recieved one through Hondas website. It covers model years 1993 to 2006. It cost $48.95 plus shipping. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your local Honda dealer can order it for you, but it's expensive. If you are already an experienced mechanic, it'll all make sense. If you're not, you're better off getting a Chilton's manual, or a basic motorcycle manual that explains the "how to's"

The Honda manual tells you how to repair/service your bike, but you'll be scratching your head wondering what they mean when they say "Do the following..." Those procedures are in a simpler manual.

It cost $48.95 plus shipping. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I bought mine online for like $30 and it was new, I forget the site, but it took them about 3 weeks to get it to me. Do a search on here, it wasn't the motorcycle manuals site, but one similar.

Too bad it got stolen outta my tool bag only a few weeks after I got it :bonk:

I guess there is no on line version of the owners manual? The Honda owners link site, shows some very basic maintenance information but it's very limited. Also when I put my VIN in the owners link site it isn't recognized as a valid VIN. Does anyone else have this problem. Here is the link for those of you who haven't seen it.HERE

I guess there is no on line version of the owners manual? The Honda owners link site, shows some very basic maintenance information but it's very limited. Also when I put my VIN in the owners link site it isn't recognized as a valid VIN. Does anyone else have this problem. Here is the link for those of you who haven't seen it.HERE

No, I have not seen an online version of the owners manual anywhere (not a legal one anyways) I signed up on ownerlink to see what was there, no problems here.

This may be a dumb question, but did you double check your vin# against the the frame,title & registration to be sure they all match?

They all match. I'm thinking that maybe Canadian bikes might not be in the VIN database. Can someone else with a CDN bike please try and see if your VIN will work.

Thanks

They all match. I'm thinking that maybe Canadian bikes might not be in the VIN database. Can someone else with a CDN bike please try and see if your VIN will work.

Thanks

Possibly no Canadian bikes, but it could be that they dont have '01 numbers loaded? when did they begin that website?

Thanks

I'll try it tomorrow