HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fryboy

Well, I burnt my clutch up

6 posts in this topic

Yeah, it finally happened, after all of these years of abuse my clutch burned up on Sunday during my first MRANN event. :thumbsup: 4.5 miles into the race it gave out in a nasty, rocky, canyon trail, with Novice riders sprawled out everywhere. While waiting behind them my bike overheated only for the 2nd time since I've had it. Not too long after that it was cooked. I pulled it appart and my basket/hub appear to be in good condition. I think I will get by with just a spring and plates replacement.

Any good brands out there? EBC? Others?

Thanks,

Fryboy

Stick with OEM. The price difference isn't too much between OEM and EBC and almost everyone agrees OEM is the way to go. I got all plates & springs for about $130 from my local dealer.

I've never used them in a dirt bike but a couple of my road bikes had Barnett plates in them and they worked very well. Pincushion, why do suppose OEM would be preferred over aftermarket.

I've never used them in a dirt bike but a couple of my road bikes had Barnett plates in them and they worked very well. Pincushion, why do suppose OEM would be preferred over aftermarket.

I cant say say from experience, but when I was searching the forums last week the popular opinion was that OEM were superior to EBC , but not Barnett. I've actually heard Barnett is real good stuff and they make the GYTR clutch accessories used by Team Yamaha.

I used an EBC clutch way back when in my 250R Honda and it never gave me problems, but I figured for an extra $15 I'd go OEM since other Yamaha riders seemed to have back luck with EBC.

I cant say say from experience, but when I was searching the forums last week the popular opinion was that OEM were superior to EBC , but not Barnett. I've actually heard Barnett is real good stuff and they make the GYTR clutch accessories used by Team Yamaha.

I used an EBC clutch way back when in my 250R Honda and it never gave me problems, but I figured for an extra $15 I'd go OEM since other Yamaha riders seemed to have back luck with EBC.

I heard Barnett is way too grabby. Hinson makes GYTR clutch accesories. GYTR(hinson) or OEM are the only clutches I would run in my bike.