HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimBrp

Yup, another jetting question.

2 posts in this topic

Prior to picking up my new 06' WR450 I'm having the dealer deal with all the jetting woes I'm sick of doing. Basically I trust this membership more than the tech guys behind the bench. Why?..Experience with the machines. So I now ask you what in your honest opinion my new bike should be jetted for or at? Most if not all riding will be done 0'-3000' at 60-90 degrees. I'll have an FMF Q exhaust (just the canister), UNI airfilter, airbox restrictions gone, and the AIS removal kit(plugs, throttle stop etc.) along with a better fuel screw. Can someone give me a round about setup for this machine? Should I purchase the JD kit and have them install this? Thanks in advance!! Should have the blue blooded ripper this weekend or next...pics to follow! :thumbsup:

Indy has this as the setup, however I don't quite know if it fits my exact application, pipe, filter and airbox-wise.

60 to 75 degrees: 168 main, JD Blue #3 or JD Red #5, 48 Pilot, 1.5 turns, 70 starter jet, #40 leak jet

75 to 90 degrees: 165 main, JD Red #5, 48 Pilot, 1.25 turns, 68 starter jet, #50 leak jet

Try going with the richer setup first. Rather too rich than too lean.

You might want to use the below as a baseline. It is what Clark4131 suggested :thumbsup: and is more specific to the 05/06 as Indy's chart is more 03/04 based as I understood it:

Elevation 0 to 4,000 feet:

30 to 45 degrees: 172 main, JD Blue #5, 48 Pilot, 2.0 turns, 75 starter jet, #0 leak jet

45 to 60 degrees: 170 main, JD Blue #4, 48 Pilot, 1.75 turns, 72 starter jet, #35 or 0 leak jet

60 to 75 degrees: 170 main, JD Blue #3 or JD Red #5, 48 Pilot, 1.5 turns, 70 starter jet, #40 leak jet

75 to 90 degrees: 168 main, JD Red #5, 48 Pilot, 1.25 turns, 68 starter jet, #50 leak jet

90 degrees plus: 165 main, JD Red #4, 45 Pilot, 2.0 turns, 65 starter jet, #60 leak jet

Good luck :thumbsup: