Change Hitting Tire

On my 450 i have the change adjusted to the 3 finger rule and well the chain if you push it to the side it will touch the tire and it does it while riding because you can see peices of the side knobbys are being touched :thumbsup::confused: ...what do you think is wrong? :bonk: Someone told me that my chain could be worn out and that a new one would do the job..... :thumbsup:

Never heard of the three finger rule....except with women but that's another story.

I always measure mine...specs are 40-50mm.

Simple, your chain is worn beyond useable limits. When a chain moves side to side a lot, it's spent. Get a new quality chain (price is more w/ quality). If the sprockets look worn, replace it all at the same time. On a 450, an O ring chain would be a good choice.

The 3 finger rule may not work for everybody. Measure your fingers and see how close they are to what the chain slack should be.

Ok yeah i have heard many different like lengths and adjustments but i have a race this coming sunday and i have not enough money and time to order a good one. Do you think i should be ok to still ride?

Also my fingers with 3 together measure up to an inch and 3/4....and i think it says in the manaul t be around 2 inchs at max and so 50 is like 1.999 somthin so yeah i must be within tension standards so yeah it must be my chain.....THANKS A LOT GUYS. but again would i still be able to ride or?.?.?.? :thumbsup:

if it is a 2006 model if it is rippin knobs of your tyre it will be chewin it your alloy frame so its up to you wat u want to do (Ride or Not)it happin to mine albit stupid stocko chains dont think it matters that much ive replaced it with a U ring chain light but lasts well

Guys the "3 finger rule" works fine on yami's....just measure with a tape or ruler where you can find 1.9-2.3 inches - on the 3 fingers - this will be your setting range...(for me it is about 1.25inches from the tip of my middle finger towards my hand)works fine unless you have boney, skinny or fingers that are the same diameter from your hand to the fingertip...then you have even bigger issues. :thumbsup:

I hope you meant chain vs change...... :thumbsup:

If you are eating knobbies off of your tire, I would say NO you aren't cool to ride this weekend. I mean if you do, you will just be adding to your possible repair bill!!

yeah i got a new one from the guy who offered to sell me his...and mines a 2003 and its just the chain is pretty much shot....yeah i wasnt planning on going if it was all screwed up......thanks for the help

yeah i got a new one from the guy who offered to sell me his...and mines a 2003 and its just the chain is pretty much shot....yeah i wasnt planning on going if it was all screwed up......thanks for the help!!!