YZ 450 Clutch Cover...

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have an after market clutch cover on your bike? I am looking for a nice cover that will not scratch and fade.....Do they make any like that or do they all scratch and fade????

Recommendations needed.........

They all scratch -

sand blast it.....both clutch and ignition.

Does anyone have a picture of how they would look after sand blasting??

Is there anything you do it it after it has been sand blasted?

Thank You!

Joe, here is what I did with the cover on my YZ250. I used paint stripper on it, polished the face and painted the outer black. Very easy to maintain....just hit it with the scotchbrite when you wash it.

91703bd7.jpg

I put a black Rekluse cover on mine. Looks sweet. I will try to snap a pic tomorrow.

Joe, here is what I did with the cover on my YZ250. I used paint stripper on it, polished the face and painted the outer black. Very easy to maintain....just hit it with the scotchbrite when you wash it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...50/91703bd7.jpg

That looks really good. Nice Job! :thumbsup:

Satch,

That looks awesome dude :thumbsup:

Can you give me the detailed process including what exact products you used...What kind of polish etc...

Also, will this work on the ignition cover on the other side too???

I would love to do this to my bike today since I have the afternoon off!!!

Hey black n blue:

Does the rekluse cover scratch or fade any at all????

Hey black n blue:

I am sure it will scratch, and I am just the man to find out. :thumbsup: I dont know about fading, but time will tell. I just got it.

Joe,

Take the clutch cover off. Spray it down with paint stripper (you can buy "aircraft" paint stripper in the automotive section of Walmart). I will tell you the paint on these things are hard to get off. That is why I re-painted the outer part black (never was able to get all of the factory paint off!!). I polished the front with scotchbite and aluminum polish.

You can probably work at it and get all the paint off (around the edges) but I got lazy and and decided to paint it. Actually I like the way it turned out!

QUOTE=JoeJoe03]Satch,

That looks awesome dude :thumbsup:

Can you give me the detailed process including what exact products you used...What kind of polish etc...

Also, will this work on the ignition cover on the other side too???

I would love to do this to my bike today since I have the afternoon off!!!

Hey black n blue:

Thank you very much buddy! :thumbsup:

The Gytr Clutch Covers Are Awesome Super Tuff, Got It At North County Yamaha For A Killer Price Shippied To My Door

what is the killer price?