HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
holyroller1

Lookig for an Acerbis 3.3 gal fuel tank for my 06 450. Help!

8 posts in this topic

Anyone know where I can pick one up? I have looked all over online and have been unsuccessful thus far. Everyone says they are on backorder :thumbsup:

Try TT store. I got a pm back to say some time in March. It is now sometime in March.

Good things come to those who wait. Trust me on this, I have to wait for everything!

Try your Yamaha dealer part number GYT-5TA24-00-CL for clear or

GYT-5TA24-00-RB for blue. This is the 3.3 gal Acerbis tank listed in the Yamaha GYT parts catalog. My dealer was able to get me one in about 5 days, same price as Acerbis.

Thanks Hank.

I went ahead and got the Yamaha part even though it was $20 more than the Acerbis tank.

What a bunch of crap!!!

TT and other dealers have been saying they will get the Acerbis tank "next month" for the last 3 months. I know, that is how long I have been enquiring.

If you are looking for this tank I wouldn't count on getting the Acerbis unit anytime soon. I finally got tired of waiting after 3 months. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I should have my tank sometime next week. :thumbsup:

I got the tank for $220 plus tax. It lists for $246. I guess it depends on your dealer. I feel I got a decent deal because they got it there in 2 days.

I just wanted it by the weekend and they really came through for me.

Whats involved in putting it on?

Does it use any of the original hardware?

Any pics?

Just a quick note, Scott recently bought out Acerbis. From what I've heard from my dealer their distribution has changed and their tanks aren't as easy to get right now... Hmmm... :thumbsup: