HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iggy1

Xr1300r

11 posts in this topic

Just think a 75 degree v-twin based on the XR650R. Tell me that wouldn't be a ride. I would sell Truck,ATV,BRP and anything that my wife didn't lock up. 1300cc of the most brutal torque ever imaginable. I wounder how much corking up they would have to do to sell that. Hell of a pipe dream though. Anyone else got the same sh$t I'm on or am I alone.

Just think a 75 degree v-twin based on the XR650R. Tell me that wouldn't be a ride. I would sell Truck,ATV,BRP and anything that my wife didn't lock up. 1300cc of the most brutal torque ever imaginable. I wounder how much corking up they would have to do to sell that. Hell of a pipe dream though. Anyone else got the same sh$t I'm on or am I alone.

That would be quite the engine. Could even mount four of them side by side...2600cc beast.....sort of an inline 4 made of 650's....way more power than any stock crotch rocket....and it would be a fairley light engine......little on the wide side but of you mounted it in a rocket frame.....ya better hold on real tight.

This 210 HP twin cylinder 2 stroke based on the CR500 engine also looks enticing.

http://www.trickracing1.com/The%20First%20CR500%20Made%20into%201000cc.html

Another company named CP industries was working on an 1100cc twin projected to put out 240RWHP!

ATK has a 700cc 2 stroke single.

http://www.atkusa.com/ProductsIntimidator.aspx

A 75 degree v-twin based on the XR650R would be interesting :thumbsup:

Well if KTM can v-twin their engine for 999cc why wouldn't , or couldn't is a better way to put it, Honda v-twin the 650r. They do build some nice V-Twins already. Even with my math only one spot on the frame under the tank would have to be changed by only 3/4" only to allow enough breathing for the monster. The overall width will grow only 3" at most. The weight will only consist of the extra piston, pin, con rod, bearings and the up graded crank with mains. The rear spring and front springs and valving up graded. And that my friends is what I call a rocket that most would envy

don't you think the money spent on trying to make a v-twin bike work could be better spent other places... lets say for example the right footpeg. or maybe having the xr650 come with forks from a crf450

or maybe having the xr650 come with forks from a crf450

For the woods I'll take my convetional shocks anyday. Scott Summers, who races a CRF put on conventional shocks from his XR650R. He said he likes the way they perform in the woods vs. the upside down style.

I dual sport my 650r and the forks are great in the woods and Highlands of Cape Breton. As for the foot peg, Everyone knows about it and everyone can fix it in a few minutes.

A bike like that would be total overkill in every way IMHO. Zero practical value for real-world riding situations. Fun? Maybe.

Sounds like you would be better off importing a "africa twin" and building the motor. It is a paris to dakar mount with a high power v-twin motor that honda sells (or used to sell) in europe.

jeff

No thanks, I rode one for a week over in Europe and it doesn't seem to have the Torque of the 650r. Now it was governed with a screw in the throttle, I was told this because of when I showed the mechanic a picture of me on my 650r, he though if he rides that he can ride this, and was shown how to release the screw. It didn't seem to run any fasted and I got 80,000 kms on mine. No engine work yet,knock on wood.

I have a BMW R1150GS Adventure and a R1200GS. I want a KTM950...or even better the new FI 990 adventure or their new 950 super enduro. Now thats a friggin incredible bike.

KTM%20950%20SuperEnduro%20%201.jpg

051115_ktm950a.jpg