HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shawbridge Husky

Mobil 1 15/50W question

5 posts in this topic

Sorry to be redundant but would appreciate some reassurance that Mobil 1 15/50 is THE oil to go with for the 4 stroke. I am just about done on my second rebuild and am looking forward to riding on the upcoming long weekend here in Canada. I buy the Mobil 1 at Canadaian Tire, it has the red cap and is an aoutomative oil. Brian at Moto-X here in Laval thinks I'm nuts to run this and mentioned a few experiences where motors that were run on Mobil 1 got quieter after changing to a motorcycle specific. Is there any merit to this or should I stay with the Mobil?

I dont use 50, but a friend of mine says it gave him problems because it kept the bike too cold (I dont know exactly what he meant either), anyway, something about it not starting when it was hot with 50. But this guy has some quirky ideas about his bike, so dont take this is a gospel

Hugh,

Me too on the 15w-50! Bikeworks great.

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, Mobil 1 15W-50.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited October 06, 2001).]

My Husaberg called for it in the manual and I & the previous owner used it since 1995 with zero problems. After another oil change of Yamalube in my new WR (after a good break-in period), it's going in there too. Those parts guys would just love to see you there every few weeks to pick up oil and hopefully an overpriced jersey, some dusty pink tie-downs & $8 spark plugs. I have recently started seeing Mobil 1 in 5qt. jugs. Cheaper again, but I haven't seen it in the red cap yet.