HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cirus

13/52 gearing?

7 posts in this topic

My '04 450 is 14/48 stock but i'm thinking of going to 13/52 for trails. What will this combo do to my top speed?

My '04 450 is 14/48 stock but i'm thinking of going to 13/52 for trails. What will this combo do to my top speed?

i run 14/49 on my 04 450f my fastest speed so far has been 68 miles an hour on my trailtech, i was fishtailing and wheeling and it was still pulling. i tried 13/49 but it was way too low for my tastes, i guess it depends on your style, i ride fairly fast on the trails, but i am still able to ride at a decent pace with my family. btw i have a steahly flywheel weight and that helps.

it will kill your top end a 125 would beat you in top end.i ride really tight trails on my 03 450 [the kind that makes you wonder if you can fit through] & i ran stock gearing with no problems. 13/52 in my opinion is way too far.just my.02

I ran 13/52 on my 426 but I didn't care about top speed, it would still go plenty fast 90% of the time.

It will take roughly 10 mph off your top speed, limiting you to about 75 mph at the rev limit. Your main problem will be that it will require something like 9000 rpm to cruise at 50 mph. Low gear may not really seem that much lower to you either, but it might be just what you want, too.

I have been running 12/50 on my 06, I just today put a Renthal 52 on. I will GPS it when the damn snow melts. Hopefully by next weekend. With the 13/50 and my fatazz(285 lbs) my 06 gps'ed 72 on a gravel road. I will get back to you if you want.

i run 13/52 and it works great for toght woods,the only problem is connector roads and such. it can cruise 55 at a comfortably high rpms,much more and your buzzing pretty good. i'm gonna go to 13/51 next time :thumbsup: