HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MOmilkman

What kind of tires for Elsinore?

15 posts in this topic

Ron, or anyone that can answer this:

Ive never rode in Cali but I presume it is fairly soft terrain. What is the tire of choice?

I know there will be hard terrain (pavement) so would a hard or soft tire work better?

Im like Dunlops and my buddy likes Michellin. So any suggestions on either make would be great.

Thanks, Darin

------------------

Darin in Missouri - My Hurricane 1999 WR400F

Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

Darin,

The terrain (dirt) will be hardpack. Blue groves if its dry, clumpy "clay" mud if wet. I would recommend int/hard terrain tires. As for the brand / model - ? I used Dunlop 756 last year and they worked okay, but not super bitchen.

I know this is not much help. I'll ask around...

Anyone?

Thanks Ron. Ive got a brand new D739 waiting to be used but I wasnt sure it would be the best choice. Sounds like it will be.

If anyone has any other suggestions for this particural course my ears are open.

(Im coming home with a trophy wether I win my class or not :))

------------------

Hope the 739 is for the rear. The front 739's stink. A 755 front works great for there.

------------------

--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--

Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing

Great choice!!! That is a good set up for there.

------------------

Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing

Yep, GPS coordinates (WGS 84).

Unfortunately, the only booty you will find at this location is my white hairy butt. :) I figured I would put this in my signature instead of Huntington Beach, CA. HB is a big place, while the coordinates are accurate to about 20 feet.

For those that are GPS enabled, check out GeoCaching. I've been thinking of hiding a cache somewhere that you could only get to on a motorcycle. I don't think there are many moto-geo folks out there, yet.

I should start a new topic, no one is gonna read this here…

Yzernie, Man, You're bringin my down! I just bought a 739at (rear) and a 739 (front) shocked.gif I have never tried these tires before and Im looking to find the winning combo for desert racing. Am I just going to hate the 739 on the front? What have you found? Thanks, Dan

Ps. When you see Larry tell him thanks for the clean pass on the V to R course.... smile.gif

Dan, If I am correct, I think the 739 was the original stock front tire. I have to agree, they dont stick very well in the corners if its very dry. I rode the bike one ride and took it off.

Ron,

Is there any need for jetting changes in So Cal? Main or pilot? I forget but I believe I am still at stock settings.

------------------

Dan,

Can only speak for the tire on a moto track. It may be ok for the desert. If not, you'll wear it out fast enough!! I haven't raced in the desert for a while (years) but I always used the Dunlop K139 for the front. They wear like iron and have great sidewall strength.

I'll tell Larry thanks for you. He is a great guy. I cannot keep up with him on a track and when he passes me he always slows down and says hi!!!!

Ernie

------------------

Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing, yzernie@dirtracers.com

Darin,

It's a tough call on the jetting. About all I can tell you is that the course is at an elevation of about 1350 feet and it should be around 70 - 75 degrees in the afternoon.

I found the elevation of the lake at http://www.lake-elsinore.org and the course is well above the lake, elevation wise.

Hope this helps.

------------------

N 33'41.156" W117'59.749"

HelmetCam Videos

I'd Rather French Kiss my Grandmother than ever put a piece of *&^%$ 739 front or rear on any bike I own......

You did know the 739 is made of used condom's didn't you !

Bonzai grin.gif