HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boater5150

Cretted Butte Co. 2003 Wr 450 Jetting ?

8 posts in this topic

THIS AUGUST WILL BE MY 10TH YEAR IN A ROW RIDDING THERE. I WILL BE BRINING MY NEW(TO ME) 2003 WR 450 FOR THE FIRST TIME. I HAVE ALL THE FREE MODS PLUS PIPE,AIR FILTER. I AM GOING TO GET A JD JET KIT AND ADJUSTABLE TY DAVIS AIR SCREW. ALT. IS 9800-12000 FEET. TEMP IS ABOUT 75 DEGREES. DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME JETTING SET-UPS THAT HAVE WORKED HERE IN THE PAST? ARE THE DIFERANT YEARS OF WR 450 (2003-2006) JETTED THE SAME? INDYS CHARTS DO NOT HAVE YEARS ATTACHED. DO YOU GUYS USE REGULAR OR SUPER UNLEADED UP AT THIS HIGH ALT? AND WHY? I HAVE HEARD MANY DIFFERENT EXPLANATIONS ON THIS SUBJECT. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. MIKE EMAIL -BOATER150@SOCAL.RR.COM

First, explore the jetting database (sticky thread at the top), lots o' info. Indy's charts are primarily for the '03 and '04, though it applies to later models as well. Second, your bike requires super unleaded all the time. Do you have the factory manual? If not, that should be your next purchase. They're invaluable...SC

I ride in the high country of Colorado every year in July.

160 or 158 main, JD Red #3, 45 Pilot, 1.0 turn out at 12,000 feet an 1.5 tunrs out below 10,000 feet on the Zip ty fuel screw works well on the 03 WR450. :thumbsup:

thanks for the reply.It is very helpfull, do you use regular,mid or super unleded up there due to the octane and altitude issues? If your bike is a 490 now would the jetting be the same for my 450 with mod's?

Also,do you mess with your leak jet & starter jet? If so what do you run up there? What do you run back home?how imprtant are they?

Buy the JD kit and use the jets closest to the average altitude you will be riding. Simple as that. JD included all the instructions for you