HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djo269

quick question for 03' yz450 owners

4 posts in this topic

Does your'alls forks bottom out at the axle holder? Or do they stop about 1 to 1.5 inchs above? thanks

The '03 fork stops with about an inch between the dust seal and the axle lug, as do pretty much all the 46mm forks.

Thank you for confirming this. Yamaha claims 11.8 inches of fork travel. Must be like an auto manufacter claiming 300 horsepower but in reality your only getting maybe 285 horses if you were to dyno test.

The '03 fork stops with about an inch between the dust seal and the axle lug, as do pretty much all the 46mm forks.

Really? I did not know that! I've been softening up my forks since I bought the bike (trying to get them to use the full fork travel). I have had it "clunk" metal to metal a couple of times but have always wondered if I was getting full travel. Thanks Grayracer