HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adam574

xr650r speedo

12 posts in this topic

i am looking into a speedometer for an xr650 i am picking up and wanted to know my options. i know trailtech makes a digital one. i am looking for a geardriven one i would like to use the existing cable that the xr already comes with and just plug that into some unit that is for sale. only problem is every time i search the internet for a speedometer all that is coming up is digital ones. anybody know where i can get one.

Sometimes they show up on eBay under dual sport speedometer, etc. Sunday afternoons and evenings are a good time to check eBay for deals on things.

i like the one mudshark posted. not sure about the key though. only because i am going with the trick dualsport kit and i am actually not sure if that comes with a key or not. if it does then i really don't want two keys.

My son found an analog speedo off an old XL350 at a local salvage yard, connected to the existing cable on his BRP , cost $10.

Search for the ATK speedo thread. Really nice looking with speed range that makes sense. $40 if still available.

Buy the one off Ebay with the key. I bought one and really like it. Workmanship is excellant. Easy to hook up. Speedometer is fairly accurate. Works off your stock odometer cable :thumbsup:

I'd have been ordering that ebay unit if I hadn't seen that ATK model. It's uses the stock odometer drive too.

Someone posted that Baja Designs is supposed to be offering a keyed ignition for $30 sometime this month.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/NORTEXED/de2a75c8.jpg

NICEEEEEEEEE....... :thumbsup:

Yes they do, thats the same one I used, I also used the Baja Designs Speedo.

It also runs off of the stock drive and cable. :thumbsup:

30 for the Ignition and

60 for the speedo

For some reason the speedo off a xt600, any year will work. Get one second hand for a few $. Just plug and go.