HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paul69

Back Fire

7 posts in this topic

Hello I have a WR426F and when i ride home from work sitting on 110 Ks for a bout 2 Ks i come off the throttle and sometimes it back fires any ideas??

The pilot screw is out about 1 1/4 turns (the one trough the float bowl) .

would the hot weather make it do yhis its around 38C.

does turning it out richen the mixture?

SOME backfiring upon de-celeration is normal....if it back fires a lot upon de-celeration, than you are too lean.

Yes, turning the screw so that it comes out does make the bike richer, while turning it in leans it out. I highly recommend an aftermarket fuel screw like the Zip-Ty or an equivalent.

I like to adjust the fuel screw so that I get an occasional back-fire upon de-celeration; this is where it seems to run best.

Paul where are you in Oz? And what kind of sprocket setup and tires do you run for commuting on the WR?? Seems a different but somehow mildy appealing idea..

I live only 2km from work and its more or less out of my road a long straight then im at work. My bike still has the standard tyres and sprockets but i need a new rear tyre , im looking at a Metzeler ENDURO 3 SAHARA.

i live in WA oz