Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
purcoop5

13/51 Size Sprockets?

11 posts in this topic

I Ride An 06' Wr 450 / Above Avg. Rider / 6'3 -245lbs

Im Switching To A 13/51 On My Sprockets Frnt/back.this Will Give Me More Power Down Low(2nd-3rd) Gear,correct?

If Not What Will It Do And Should I Try Something Else.

I Did All The Free Mods ,i Have A Gytr Pipe,put 120/100-18" Tire On Back.

Jetted To A 170mm Jet ,i Have'nt Changed The Fuel Clip To 4 Yet. The Its Faster Than Ill Ever Need But I Want A Little More Power On The Big Fat Hill Climbs (carniegie,etc.)

Thanks-

Yes what you are planning will give you a lot more low end torque but you might want to try just the 13 front first. I put a 13 on my 426 and I really like it but I don't think i will be going larger than the 50 in the rear.

Smaller front and larger rear = better low-end torque, earlier shift points (nice to play with if it seems like you're always "in between gears"), and a loss in top speed.

One tooth on the front is "about" equal to 3 on the rear.

I am running 13/51 my 426 and it is vicious, I just absolutely love the third gear power wheelies.

I just replaced the stock 14t with a 13t and rode it for the first time yesterday. It was worlds better than stock for tight trails. Second gear is actually usable now. I wouln't mind trying a 52t in the back for the really technically stuff.

I just replaced the stock 14t with a 13t and rode it for the first time yesterday. It was worlds better than stock for tight trails. Second gear is actually usable now. I wouln't mind trying a 52t in the back for the really technically stuff.

My 13t is in the mail on its way here. Can't wait to get it slapped on there! No need for 41MPH in first gear here. :thumbsup:

Divide rear from front. 13/51 is what I use as well or 3.92 13/50=3.84 stock is a 3.57. Both of the 13 tooth couter combinations work really well in tight stuff. I would not buy a rear if you didn't have to.

My 13t is in the mail on its way here. Can't wait to get it slapped on there! No need for 41MPH in first gear here. :thumbsup:

Oh you will love it, 1st is like a Granny so matter how bad it get with rocks and roots you just keep plowing forward. Save my pathetic butt all the time!