HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pip_daddy

xr650r paddle?

3 posts in this topic

I did a search and did not come up with a definite answer to what size paddle seems to work best in the sand? Should I try a 6, 8, or 10 paddle. From what I read I should not buy a cheng shin for fear of it not holding up. Has anyone had any luck with AMS?

Thanks in advance

Eric

I've only use kings because they're cheap and we only ride sand a couple times a year at the most. Your best bet is either an 8 or 10 cup. Some people will prefer the 10, but I prefer the 8 on our 650R's after trying them both, especially when carving sharper turns in the dunes. Even with the 8, the 650R throws a nasty rooster tail in the sand and you can still get the front end up in 3rd or 4th gear if the sand is dense or slightly moist.

I've run a Kings 8 with no complaints.

One word of warning when camping at Gecko at Glamis. Watch how far you dig in when parking your bike. There's pavement under the sand a suprising distance from the road in some areas. I tore up my paddle a little from hitting the pavement. :thumbsup: