Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phixeous

dunes and the yzf450

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone had the 06 450 in the dunes yet. and how did it do in the dunes and racing up the hill against the the other 450s

I have an 05 YZ450 that I use only in the dunes.

I have a paddle tire on the rear (10 paddles).

I regularly challenge the quad riders to races up the nearest big dune here and regularly blow off banshees and raptors problem is there are not many bikes around to race.

We have a 300 meter high super dune for races about 300km from here.. Yep I can go up that rather fast also.

I'd say you would also do well..

Has anyone had the 06 450 in the dunes yet. and how did it do in the dunes and racing up the hill against the the other 450s

that would depend on the other riders skill mostly

Not really. Mostly anyone can hold a throttle wide open on a smooth uphill straightaway.

Ya once you have it pointed uphill the rest is easy. Sidehilling and flying down hills full tilt takes a little getting use to bike tends to tail whip realy bad in the ruts at times. Remember speed is your friend in the dunes. Wich dunes you ridding in???

I race my o6 all the time w/8 paddles. first one to hit the gas wins. stay away from guys that are obivously smaller that you. 20lbs makes a differance on the soft stuff.

I have a KX500 and ride Glamis a lot. My buddy has a CRF 450 with an 8 paddle and the only time I can beat him is from a rolling start. The four strokes are way more tractable from a dead start.

I haven't raced the YZ but I sure the power is comparable. I'm looking to possibly buy an 06' YZF so hopefully I'll find out which is faster.

Man I haven't ridden dunes ever that sounds like it would be fun for a while. I bet you could rail turns so good

Man I haven't ridden dunes ever that sounds like it would be fun for a while. I bet you could rail turns so good

well it is easy to dig your front tire in if that is what you mean..

It is also easy to get thrown off.. Well at least for me it is... :thumbsup: