GYTR Skid plate

SureBlue, can you get this in the US?

I really don't know, according to another TT-member they are not. I ordered the skid plate GYT-2S234-00-00 and rad braces YMF-450YZ-20-06 today, but there are none in the central warehouse in Europe and nobody can yet tell when they can be obtained. It will be interesting to see if the Yamaha braces are cage-type or just normal ones like on earlier models. I can live with Unabiker or WC cages, but I really want the GYTR skidplate. Looks like I may have to do some shopping in the US... Has WC released their rad cages already? No pic of the product http://www.worksconnection.com/store/product.html?prod_id=3631 Has someone called them?

what kind of clamps do you have? those look sweet

I really don't know, according to another TT-member they are not. I ordered the skid plate GYT-2S234-00-00 and rad braces YMF-450YZ-20-06 today, but there are none in the central warehouse in Europe and nobody can yet tell when they can be obtained. It will be interesting to see if the Yamaha braces are cage-type or just normal ones like on earlier models. I can live with Unabiker or WC cages, but I really want the GYTR skidplate. Looks like I may have to do some shopping in the US... Has WC released their rad cages already? No pic of the product http://www.worksconnection.com/store/product.html?prod_id=3631 Has someone called them?

Look in the 06 WC catalog . You will see an image of the YZ450 rad cages . :thumbsup:

http://worksconnection.com/files/works_connection_06.pdf?WCWSCID=6c196bf250022a30f33aa412084a0fbd

I have ordered mine too. Tell me, There has been question of the quailty of Carbon Fiber and it'e thickness. Whats it like?

Well turns out the carbon fiber one I bought doesn't fit my bike. It's half a centimeter thick.. just as if not more thick than the alum. Not flimsy at all though.

SureBlue, WC has not released them yet, I was on the phone with them last week and they said 21st or so of this month. I have a set on order, I'll post up pics when they show up.

Anyone want to buy my new Scott's skid plate, it fits great but doesn't have the cool holes or the GYTR label $65. Its made by Utah sport and is exactly the same. 06YZ

SureBlue, WC has not released them yet, I was on the phone with them last week and they said 21st or so of this month. I have a set on order, I'll post up pics when they show up.

:thumbsup:

Now WC has postponed the rad cages till 4/4/06. :thumbsup:

http://www.worksconnection.com/store/product.html?prod_id=3631

And the GYTR skid plate is not available in Europe. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have you guys heard of any issues with the YZ450F overheating when using differant skid plates...????

Have you guys heard of any issues with the YZ450F overheating when using differant skid plates...????

No but I would suggest one that does allow air to the engine....with the holes.

Well this thread changed my mind. I ordered a GYTR skid plate yesterday. I like the venting and the looks of the one posted on here. Plus, no one seemed to have any Utah Sports in stock. Plus now I can compare the quality between the two as my buddy has a Utah Sport on his WR. :thumbsup:

On the note of changing your mind, I may cancel my WC radiator cages and go with the Unabikers... I'm getting tired of waiting on them!

On the note of changing your mind, I may cancel my WC radiator cages and go with the Unabikers... I'm getting tired of waiting on them!
I just know you would love them. :thumbsup: Call TT and get some on the way. Its one of the few products I truely believe is the BEST. Youre rads will thank you. :thumbsup:

My rads are already screaming at me for letting them get bent! :thumbsup: I may need to order some bling-bling to appease the gods... :thumbsup:

My rads are already screaming at me for letting them get bent! :cry: I may need to order some bling-bling to appease the gods... :bonk:

You've bent your rads already?! :bonk::bonk::bonk::confused::thumbsup::bonk::thumbsup:

And the GYTR skid plate is not available in Europe. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

With the help of a fellow TTer I got my skidplate today, drilled 15 additional holes and installed it. It sure looks strong and good. Thanks Joe!

DSC00662.jpg