HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlight9

GYTR Skid plate

41 posts in this topic

It doesn't go back all the way? It has the same shape as the WB plate that I bought. The WB is a 4 lb tank and it does't go to the back of the frame either. I am hoping the Devol plate will go all the way back. I rode with a guy the other day that did not have a plate on and he broke his frame at the right hand motor mount. Hit a huge rock and sliced about half of the frame rail off.

The pics of the Devol plate that I've seen does not go all the way back either. I've ground some of the weld off that holds the foot peg bracket on as well. I could not find anything that would cover the hole frame. I can modify this one if I need to, and I would guess that it weighs around 2 pounds.

I got it from my local shop, I paid $92 bucks for it. It's a little more in price, but it doesn't look like a giant slab of aluminum bolted to my bike. To me that is worth the extra change for it to look good as well.

I got my GYTR skid plate today, and boy does it look good. I'll post picks soon. :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::confused:

Well that made my decision easy. Just ordered one! Thanks!

Wow, nice. That must be new for '06. Mine doesn't have all the holes, but provides a bit more coverage.

How were the welds on the inside? Mine were nice on the outside, but crappy on the inside. I ground them down before I installed it. Take a look in My Garage.

I got it from my local shop, I paid $92 bucks for it. It's a little more in price, but it doesn't look like a giant slab of aluminum bolted to my bike. To me that is worth the extra change for it to look good as well.

I got my carbon fiber one brand new off ebay for 40 dollars :thumbsup: