HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harjp1959

basic CRF80 maintenance questions....

6 posts in this topic

Gonna help a friend do some basic stuff on his daughter's CRF80. Oil change and air filter cleaning. He doesn't have a manual.

Could someone please tell me how much oil the 80 holds? Any oil filter? Anything else we want to know?

Thanks for the help!

Gonna help a friend do some basic stuff on his daughter's CRF80. Oil change and air filter cleaning. He doesn't have a manual.

Could someone please tell me how much oil the 80 holds? Any oil filter? Anything else we want to know?

Thanks for the help!

There isnt an oil filter, and its a lot easier to clean K&N Filters than the stock foam types. I beleive it holds 1 quart. I just fill and check the dipstick and repeat until you have your desired amount.

Thanks for the help!

The xr100 holds one quart, I think the 80 is slightly less like .8 qts. Just fill a little less than a qt and check the dipstick. Other than oil and airfilter the only other item involved is a cam chain adjustment when the motor starts making noise. Other than that that motor will run forever and ever.

The xr100 holds one quart, I think the 80 is slightly less like .8 qts. Just fill a little less than a qt and check the dipstick. Other than oil and airfilter the only other item involved is a cam chain adjustment when the motor starts making noise. Other than that that motor will run forever and ever.
Excellent! Thanks! :thumbsup:

My son's 2002 XR 80 holds exactly 1 quart. We run 10W40 Castrol. Check the oil level with the bike level and the dipstick NOT screwed in.

We are running an aftermarket UNI air filter and have been pleased with its performance.