HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fitzy

I've searched!!! need confirmation

7 posts in this topic

I've done a search but came up with a lot of maybes, but I need to know for sure. has anybody done it?

Will a complete exhaust system of an 04 450r fit on an 06 450X??

Will just the muffler fit?

Will just the header fit?

I know the 05 will fit but can't find one. As far as I knew the 04/05 were different, but have been told that both will fit

Anybody shine any light??

Thanks

I have a 05 450R muffler if you need one. Yes, it will bolt right on the X with no mods. I do not have the header. Just too loud for where I ride.

Paul.

I have a 05 450R muffler if you need one. Yes, it will bolt right on the X with no mods. I do not have the header. Just too loud for where I ride.

Paul.

Paul.

I have sent you a PM :thumbsup:

Just tried it on an 06 and it will NOT bolt right up. The header fits and the muffler will bolt up to the sub-frame BUT the main frame mount will not line up. Off about 1/2 inch. That was for an 06 R pipe on an 06 X

05 R to 05 X is all the same. They are listing many aftermarket mufflers as fitting 05-06. I have not tried the 06. I thought I read that they did make a change. I'll have to see where I read it.