I've searched!!! need confirmation

I've done a search but came up with a lot of maybes, but I need to know for sure. has anybody done it?

Will a complete exhaust system of an 04 450r fit on an 06 450X??

Will just the muffler fit?

Will just the header fit?

I know the 05 will fit but can't find one. As far as I knew the 04/05 were different, but have been told that both will fit

Anybody shine any light??

Thanks

I have a 05 450R muffler if you need one. Yes, it will bolt right on the X with no mods. I do not have the header. Just too loud for where I ride.

Paul.

I have a 05 450R muffler if you need one. Yes, it will bolt right on the X with no mods. I do not have the header. Just too loud for where I ride.

Paul.

Paul.

I have sent you a PM :thumbsup:

I think the 06 models have it where the exhaust bolts to the sub-frame instead of the main frame.

Matt :thumbsup:

Just tried it on an 06 and it will NOT bolt right up. The header fits and the muffler will bolt up to the sub-frame BUT the main frame mount will not line up. Off about 1/2 inch. That was for an 06 R pipe on an 06 X

05 R to 05 X is all the same. They are listing many aftermarket mufflers as fitting 05-06. I have not tried the 06. I thought I read that they did make a change. I'll have to see where I read it.