JD...WR Sighting

JD....think I met the new owner of your old WR on Manastash/Mt. Clifty area. A guy from Monroe area if I heard him right. Asked him if he knew who owned the bike prior and he mentioned a guy from Fed. Way named James, who mentioned T.T. to him and was swapping over to a KTM...engineer type . Thought the description sounded pretty familiar...if so, it's in good hands and is being well taken care of. It was dual-sported by you, correct? Y2K 400 w/Clarke YZ tank, homemade tip on open WR silencer, etc. Very nice machine if that was your old ride. Take care.

------------------

Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

Yes, that sounds like the blue thunder machine, tank and all. He wanted a licensed WR bad enough to buy mine and sell his WR to a friend.

Too much ($4800), but it was still summer and the bike was a dual sport. Getting a license plate on a WR400 in WA is now next to impossible. The state inspections policy has changed to close out conversions from ORV. Makes me an outlaw at times on the KTM. :)

James Dean, is there good riding near Spokane? What do you think of Spokane in general?

I have not ridden in the Spokane area. I know of others who have driven all the way across the state for riding there. Trails aren't as overused as they are in western WA. Less traffic than Seattle area.

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited October 03, 2001).]

JD....hope you were able to license the Katoom.Got a friend who just purchased an 01 300EXC and had a plate on it 3 hours after he left the dealer with it, no tech inspection and no grief at DOL :). This only works in WA for NEWLY purchased KTM's that are not licensed for ORV tabs by the dealer.

If you're curious, you know how to reach me.

------------------

Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

I believe the friend you are referring to may have been the other guy riding with him....it was a non dual-sported 2K WR with similar mods but a stock tank and seat. Hate to ask but, what did you get for your machine? I am considering the jump to a Katoom and have a very similar machine to your ex, sans the tank.

------------------