Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JMathis

What do you think???

21 posts in this topic

Check out the finished product. I have always liked the yellow graphics and when I saw the new 50th anniversary edition YZ I almost bought one but then I decided to save my $ and convert the trusty WR.

DCP03524.jpg

Nice Job!! :thumbsup:

I'm assuming those are 06 YZ plastics?? and they just bolted right on?

Like the headlight too..

Good one

Great looking ride. I had hoped for a yellow WR from Yam. That looks real nice !

Is that a 2002 WR 426?

Yes, it is a 2002 WR426. I did not powder coat the frame yet. All I did for the time being is tape everything up and paint the frame where it is visible. Next winter I will strip it down and have it powder coated.

It turned out exactly how I was hoping.

that is f*****n sweet! what year is the tank and seat? I have the same bike and would love to do that same thing to mine. how much did it cost total to make the change from blue to yellow?

that is f*****n sweet! what year is the tank and seat? I have the same bike and would love to do that same thing to mine. how much did it cost total to make the change from blue to yellow?

I paid $179 for the graphics kit which comes with the plastic fenders, number plate (not using) rad shrouds and seat cover. I paid $69 for the head light assy and $35 for the LED tail light. $40 for the new side cover number plates and I got the YZ tank and seat from a fellow TTer for $130. I painted the blue tank yellow with some plastic paint which next winter I will probably go ahead and buy a yellow tank but it was not in the budget this year. If I were to total it all up with shipping it was around $500. Small price to pay for such a great improvement. No more white crease marks on the plastic either.

WOW, that is the best looking WR I have ever seen. I want to do that so bad to my 04 WR450 but am regreting tearing it all down just to paint the frame black. Great job there!

very very very nice, where exactly did you buy the plastics from?

I got the plastic and graphics kit from motorsport.com.

Thanks for the great comments, I could not be happier with the way it turned out. :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

Looks great, you need some new fork guards with the retro (hurricane) graphic's on them. Would really finish her off.

Where did you get your LED T/L ?