1X team DQ'd by Score at SF 250 Race

So Jack, Honda or another brand? :thumbsup:

Baja Rudy tried to talk me into getting the Husky, but it is not to be.

I have to ride the bike that they gave me........Honda XR650R. :thumbsup:

I'm going through the catalogue to make an order tonight to make it race ready. Fun, fun, fun. Anyone know where I can get hooked up on a sweet deal on Excel wheels?

:thumbsup:

start a thread with all the juicy details :bonk:

I will start a thread when the time comes. I just need to build the bike and test out. Should be a great time and great prep for the Baja 1000. :thumbsup:

I'm going through the catalogue to make an order tonight to make it race ready. Fun, fun, fun. Anyone know where I can get hooked up on a sweet deal on Excel wheels?

ooooooo... what all you going to do to it?

call this place about Excel weel/talon hub combos:

http://store.eastcoastwheels.com/

this place also has good prices:

http://www.radmfg.com/rims.htm

I wish it could have been a Husky too. But Husky dealers as a whole are not set up nationawide to give racer deals right now. Not with all 06 TE and TCs selling out already and its only March. A sponsorship is great! Never had one, so keep it dear to your side. :thumbsup:

ooooooo... what all you going to do to it?

I thought I would start with some leather handlebar tassles:

pro_other-Keyring-tassels.jpg

:thumbsup:

hah!

I had a couple guys at work that wanted me to get those mexican beads hung off my handelbars. You know... the ones that they hang in their windshield.

I almost did it, but didn't have enough time in Ensenada to try and find a place to have it done. :thumbsup:

I know there is a lot of chatter on this. I was at the finish line when 1X and 7X came thru.

Steny/Care/Husky_Forever or whatever you're calling yourself this week....

No kidding. We saw you with that neck brace. The guys at Baja Pits say you wadded up a quad last month in Plaster City and why you were wearing that soft neck brace in San Felipe. Major BUMMER!!! Sorry to hear that.

Is it true you weren't wearing a helmet? Tsk tsk.

Not a good example to set. Hope all is well. Will you be "driving" the Husky ride from the comfort of a truck?

Who "Cares?" It's for charity, right?

Steny/Care/Husky_Forever or whatever you're calling yourself this week.... Care here, you can find Steny at his web site address at Bajahuskys. Husky_Forever was buried by MK months ago with TTs help. So was Steny. You must be new here or would have seen this already. Or did you just recently reinvent yourself?

No kidding. We saw you with that neck brace. The guys at Baja Pits say you wadded up a quad last month in Plaster City and why you were wearing that soft neck brace in San Felipe. Major BUMMER!!! Sorry to hear that. Steny is Guilty as charged. Quads sure break easy these days when rolled several times. You should have come by and said hello to him. He likes to greet old friends.

Is it true you weren't wearing a helmet? Tsk tsk. Again, Steny is guilty as charged. What started out as just a test run down and back on a dirt road, turned into a trip to El Centro Hosp, life flighted to UCSD and then 12 hours there in Surgical ICU while they waited to decide on surgury. He lucked out and got neck brace only. Got it removed the week after the SF 250 race and is driving now. You should email him and say hello since you know him so well. What was your name again and I'll tell him you asked?

Not a good example to set. Hope all is well. Will you be "driving" the Husky ride from the comfort of a truck? 10-4. Husky ride will have him as chase truck driver. Bummer, but any time in Mexico is good. You should come along and bring your Husky with you. You must know how much fun Steny is to his freinds. Just dont ask him to carry your bags at night. He advised one former friend of that already years ago. They used to race Class 21. Tour groups carry bags. Friends carry their own bags. tsk, tsk...... :bonk:

Who "Cares?" It's for charity, right?

I for one feel this is getting personal. But since you are nameless, no, it is for fun times on Huskys. MK's TT ride was for Charity. Steny does what makes him happy :thumbsup: But then you sound like one of his good friends and probably know this already. :thumbsup:

Hey Dezz. Did you ever decide on which bars to buy. I used the Kawasaki hi Bend bars myself. Much better than the CR high bend bars. Thats all I use any longer. 6'3". :thumbsup:

The line that Mikey took had been pre-approved by Bruce as a line that was a good line. Mikey did not shortcourse intentionally.

Talk about draggin' up an old post

It is unfortunate other companies are not involved in Baja right now, but these things go in cycles. It's dangerous, expensive, time consuming, and a total PITA to race down there for the factories. They probably do not feel it will sell enough bikes to be worth while. GNCC, WORCS, and Nat. H&H is easier to handle and makes for good ads too.

Maybe more will head South in the near future.

All I have to say is KTM OWNED the DAKAR this year, Chris Blais finished on Podium, the Dakar is like running the Baja 500 14 times over!!! If KTM feels it worthwhile to go through the hassle of running the DAKAR (which is a much tougher logistically than Baja; It does run through some of the harshest and cruel environments in the world) don't you think they could easily do Baja? Maybe they know something the rest of us don't know.

Also Cars almost always get the Dakar Overall win, while they never get the win in Baja.....:ride:

All I have to say is KTM OWNED the DAKAR this year, Chris Blais finished on Podium, the Dakar is like running the Baja 500 14 times over!!! If KTM feels it worthwhile to go through the hassle of running the DAKAR (which is a much tougher logistically than Baja; It does run through some of the harshest and cruel environments in the world) don't you think they could easily do Baja? Maybe they know something the rest of us don't know.

Also Cars almost always get the Dakar Overall win, while they never get the win in Baja.....:ride:

Dakar sells alot of KTM motorcycles in Europe.

In the movie Dust to Glory, didn't we see Johnny cheet on the beach?

I would think it would have something to do with having a navagator sitting next to you worring about where you are going and letting the driver get there as fast as he can. The Mitsubisi beat the top KTM by 5 hours this year

Good point about the Navigator!

Nice MX5 Cup car you've got there! I used to build tons of SMs at BSI, I was pulling for Todd last year in the MX-5 cup, but Jim Daniels crushed him.

Backing you up 100% KikeKay.. i will find a post i made after the 1000 2006 and pass it on... moral of the story ... i spoke up about Honda at the finish of hte 1000 and was blown off.. however thanks to following up with it... SCORE has made the rally logger mounting location on MC's mandatory rear fender only... other wise the SF... 250 I was going to ask Rally Logger if i could run mine on the skidplate... just having fun with this... I will be aboard a KX450 in the SF and hope to podium class 22....

I wondered about the scene in Dust To Glory, too. Not knowing much about how desert racing works, and the fact that the commentary made it sound like this happens all the time, I figured it was ok. 50' off the trail? He must have been a quarter of a mile off.....

The line that Mikey took had been pre-approved by Bruce as a line that was a good line. Mikey did not shortcourse intentionally.

While I agree with you, Bruce doesnt make the course although american honda may believe he does.

Good point about the Navigator!

Nice MX5 Cup car you've got there! I used to build tons of SMs at BSI, I was pulling for Todd last year in the MX-5 cup, but Jim Daniels crushed him.

That is my younger brother's car Drew Staveley. We built that car 3 week before Laguna Seca and he went out and sat on the podium right behind the BSI Guys. No testing, no money, making payments on a new car with 425 miles on it and gave the well funded teams (BSI & MRE) a run for there money. His goal was to drink champagne on the podium of a televised race before he was 21 and he did. We are hoping to be back this year and run all 8 races all we need is $$$$$.

That is my younger brother's car Drew Staveley. We built that car 3 week before Laguna Seca and he went out and sat on the podium right behind the BSI Guys. No testing, no money, making payments on a new car with 425 miles on it and gave the well funded teams (BSI & MRE) a run for there money. His goal was to drink champagne on the podium of a televised race before he was 21 and he did. We are hoping to be back this year and run all 8 races all we need is $$$$$.

:ride: It can be done! Did you see the kid that won the Runoffs in SM? He was about the same age as your brother, shoe-string budge 100% family effort. Won the Runoffs and said to the announcer "I won't be back to defend the title 'cause we spent all our money this year" (Hopefully someone will toss him some sponsorship money!).

Your bro gettin 3rd at Laguna is a pretty good acomplishment since Herr was just a ringer for that 1 race.