HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cowboyona426

Best aftermarket plastic?

10 posts in this topic

I've heard a lot of good things about Polisport plastic, has anyone had any experience with this stuff? I may take the plunge and just buy OEM plastic to replace my battered right side shroud on my 450, but if there is an aftermarket plastic that matches good and doesn't get white streaks when you look at it funny I'd consider that as well. Or, if someone has a right side blue shroud for an 06 they don't need, give a holler! :thumbsup:

I've heard a lot of good things about Polisport plastic, has anyone had any experience with this stuff? I may take the plunge and just buy OEM plastic to replace my battered right side shroud on my 450, but if there is an aftermarket plastic that matches good and doesn't get white streaks when you look at it funny I'd consider that as well. Or, if someone has a right side blue shroud for an 06 they don't need, give a holler! :thumbsup:

I bought Polisport plastic, the aluminum deals did not fit as good as the stockers and it did not last as good as the factory stuff, I bought an acerbis front fender that lasted through practice a rock hit it and blew it into pieces.

I'd buy OE plastic if I were you.

I like Acerbis. I had them on my WR and just ordered all new Acerbis plastic for my 06. In my experience the fit and finish is perfect. I have no complaints.

Another vote for Acerbis.

Did you eat it?

Did you eat it?

No, IMO plastic isn't very tasty :thumbsup: I laid it over in the mud and scratched the crap out of the right side shroud, put a small crack in it, and it got kinked outward a little and doesn't fit quite right anymore.

My friend has UFO plastic on his 04YZ125 and it's holding up real good. He's taken a couple big crashes and the plastics/graphics are lookin real good. He's even got hit by a CRF450X from the side and only the seat cover got a little tear in it.

Polisport sucks. That is why it's cheaper. There panels do not line up as good as stock and the right muffler has some crazy bend that extends the panel away from the exhaust like another 2 inches than the stock one did. This is actually a good thing except when you buy Decal Works backgrounds to put on them. Made the backgrounds not line up at all.

I've heard a lot of good things about Polisport plastic, has anyone had any experience with this stuff? I may take the plunge and just buy OEM plastic to replace my battered right side shroud on my 450, but if there is an aftermarket plastic that matches good and doesn't get white streaks when you look at it funny I'd consider that as well. Or, if someone has a right side blue shroud for an 06 they don't need, give a holler! :bonk:

I saw the negative comments on Polisport - I have used their stuff on my 03 with no issues what so ever - The blue holds up better than any other aftermarket I have used. :thumbsup:

I am not sure they have 06 product for the YZF though :thumbsup: